Gifting a goal POLL

spanther22

Was it the right thing to do  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have gifted them a goal?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/23 at 22:47

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

How often do other teams take the ball off us when we're giving it back to them?

It's usually a throw in to the player who would one touch punt it up the park, their player didn't need to play keepy uppy ,,, if he does and loses control that's on him. Tillman was well within his rights to take the ball after the Thistle player was looking for a third touch, it makes Tillman look as if he's done something unsporting and team is being made to pay for his actions.

41 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Never seen anything like that in all my years of watching football. 

Tillman did fuck all wrong either by the book or morally. 

For us to let them square it up is beyond sportsmanship and if it had been against a team in our own league or even if it had led to a loss then Beale would be slaughtered. 

As it is, he should be lauded for fairness beyond the call of duty and it will stick in the throat of our detractors. 

Ballsy move and I would hope it never happens again

Leeds did it against Aston Villa in 2019 

And Arsenal went one further and offered a replay after they beat Sheffield United in the fifth round of the FA Cup, the FA granted their request, with the rematch scheduled for 10 days later and Wenger’s side forced to play five games in 15 days as a result.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-sheffield-united-fa-cup-26212315

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'd have to see it to see it again to see if we were in the wrong , but being at the game it didn't strike me we were .  I didn't know what all the fuss was about at first . 

By established etiquette anyway, we definitely did the wrong thing. By mistake, as it turns out tbf to Tillman.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The Partick player took 3 touches. If you haven’t played the ball back instantly it’s fair game imo. 

For me not one single team in Scotland do it for us and there definitely isn’t fairness across the game so for they reasons I wouldn’t have given them a goal

You absolutely would not be saying that if it were the other way round.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Btw the thing going unnoticed is the blatant stamp on Tillman in the build up. That’s a red card, plenty of grass he could’ve stood on but chose Tillman’s ankle

Similar to the Martinez one on Bamford the other day - think we all know it’s deliberate, but there’s no way a ref / VAR team can assess that 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Didnt want Tillman to be seen as cheating....

Didnt want to steal the game.....

Fucking write the headlines yourself Beale.

Why need enemies

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

What do u want him to say mate? 

Tillman done nothing wrong.

Beale by his actions, is saying he did do something wrong and cheat.

To me, he's basically thrown Tillman under a bus. 

Just now, Inigo said:

They wouldn't be gifting us a goal if it was the other way round and our player wouldn't be taking multiple touches and throwing players up to challenge the 2nd ball if it was us. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Course I would. Play it back instantly, they set up like they were going to challenge for the ball. Their CF was grappling with Sands I think. They didn’t have the intention of letting it go back to McGregor. 

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

😂😂

If Rangers created wealth like in the Premier league and gave it out to all clubs in scotland we would still be classed as scum.

A gifted goal ain't going to make a difference 

We are being ridiculed for booing it. 

Canny win in this Country :lol:

Just now, esquire8 said:

They wouldn't be gifting us a goal if it was the other way round and our player wouldn't be taking multiple touches and throwing players up to challenge the 2nd ball if it was us. 

Who cares. Let them be classless if they want to be.

Nothing wrong with the goal. 

What did the cunt want? To be able to bring it down and dribble it forward 30 yards! 

Usually you get the ball and either pass it back to the goalie or lump it forward. If you decide to do anything other than the above then it's fair game imo. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Was ridiculous regardless of what anyone says on here.

That's a legit goal and it was moronic doing what we did after the goal.