Kevin Clancy

RFC55

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fair doos, 'overturn' was the wrong word on my part, he can tell the referee he has got it wrong. If the referee then proceeds to go with his decision over the VAR decision all hell breaks loose. He never told the referee he made a clear and obvious error, which he did.

This bit. I don't know if Walsh on VAR did tell Clancy. Did he? Part of the problem with VAR is that the most important people (us, the fans) don't really know what is happening at certain times.

I used the word "overturn" unintentially in an earlier post, maybe this thread, maybe another, but kept it in on purpose as it shows how wrongly our understanding as a fan base can be regarding VAR.

You said "overturn". I said "overturn". Both wrong but commentary from competitions like the Champion's League, The World Cup, Europa etc have all used that terminology which gives fans a false expectation of VAR so pundits have a lot of responsibility in that regard.

I think VAR has definitely enhanced the refereeing standards in general though.

Only exception is that fucking handball rule which isn't VAR's fault and still nobody understands yet 😂

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

A video assistant referee (VAR) is a match official, with independent access to match footage, who may assist the referee only in the event of a ‘clear and obvious error'

Exactly. Don't know why you can't get it.

Clancy saw it in full and believed there was sufficient to award against Morelos.  It's softer than diarrhoea. 

Given players had hands on each other, despite him being wrong var can't get involved as it's t a clear and obvious error. It's a stinking corrupt decision which Clancy had a clear view of.

Johnstone can be seen in technicolour pulling Morelos top, we can forgive Clancy but Walsh can in no way justify his decision. Today is the final nail in VAR for me because imo it's only there for the old firm and today showed if it's subjective when it is there to be objective, a complete waste of time and money we could use to rid us of AstroTurf. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clancy saw it in full and believed there was sufficient to award against Morelos.  It's softer than diarrhoea. 

Given players had hands on each other, despite him being wrong var can't get involved as it's t a clear and obvious error. It's a stinking corrupt decision which Clancy had a clear view of.

It is a clear and obvious error!

If you’re cheating why show your hand when it’s not needed, you’d keep it for a cup final or title defining game. He’s a totally incompetent ref and the var section is worse that they got to look at the Morelos goal several times from different angles and not tell him to go for a look

10 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He’s a cheat, I don’t believe any of the other refs up here are anything other than incompetent 

But Kevin Clancy is 100% a cheat you cannot convince me otherwise. I’ve only ever twice watched a game of football and thought we were being cheated by an official. That was today and 2019 in a game also refereed by Clancy 

Thrice, Beaton in the game against Hibs was the worst IMO but that's only one game in isolation as he's shown nothing since to determine that he's a cheat. Clancy however has on several occasions.

I'll digress here but I thought that Madden was against us in the lower leagues but that may have been (wrongly IMO) understanding the limitations of the lower league opposition and giving them a certain amount of leeway when it comes to tackles.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

VAR can ask "do you know Morelos was having his shirt tugged" ,if Clancy ignores that then he's clearly a cheat.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

It is a clear and obvious error!

It's a bad decision. A corrupt decision. One seen in full and a decision made by the ref.

Var aren't believe it or not there to get the right decision. Only to support the refto get the right decision. Given Clancy saw it in full the error is Clancys not var.

Clancy gave it for what he saw of the contact between both players. Vars job isn't to state he wants to ook at it again on the monitor, but to determine did he have a clear view and is he satisfied with his decision.

I'm not arguing it's a clear and obvious error. But it's one made by Clancy not by var who have little scope to challenge given he had such a clear, close view of it. 

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

VAR can ask "do you know Morelos was having his shirt tugged" ,if Clancy ignores that then he's clearly a cheat.

Imo both had hands on each other, neither impeded the other.  So yes they could have refered to the monitor for that but I've no issues they didn't.

Nor have I an issue they didn't for the Clancy decision given he saw the incident in full. My entire issue is with the cheating bastard that is Clancy.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's a bad decision. A corrupt decision. One seen in full and a decision made by the ref.

Var aren't believe it or not there to get the right decision. Only to support the refto get the right decision. Given Clancy saw it in full the error is Clancys not var.

Clancy gave it for what he saw of the contact between both players. Vars job isn't to state he wants to ook at it again on the monitor, but to determine did he have a clear view and is he satisfied with his decision.

I'm not arguing it's a clear and obvious error. But it's one made by Clancy not by var who have little scope to challenge given he had such a clear, close view of it. 

Absolutely spot on and to be perfectly honest it isn't the fans (of any team) who are at fault in misunderstanding VAR's remit. The broadcasters and pundits need to get it right. There is so much mis-information getting spouted on official channels. I've mistakenly used the term tonight "overturn" which is clearly wrong but we're hearing this terminology every single game in every single league so no wonder.

5 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

You see it in the clip I posted in the match thread.... he didnt blow his whistle until he saw Alfie run away  celebrating. 

Cunt knew exactly what he was doing. 

Exactly. He knows if he let the goal stand  it's a foul he's missed it would be reviewed. It was never this. But as it's a conscious decision he's made from a clear view position that it wouldn't be over ruled. He played the system and won.

11 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

You see it in the clip I posted in the match thread.... he didnt blow his whistle until he saw Alfie run away  celebrating. 

Cunt knew exactly what he was doing. 

For anyone who didn't see it..... 

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Literally the reason we have VAR. My last comment on this cos the discussion is frying my brain.