Kevin Clancy

RFC55

16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Yip.

I'm sure we were discussing this on here a few weeks ago well before he got announced as the referee for today's game and we both agreed that that ghame qwas the most blatant cheating from a referee since Madden in the Hibs game when Tav got put in to a headlock by Stokes and Jack got sent off.

It was Beaton in the Hibs game

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm sure there was an Officialdom Conspiracy thread on here that plenty used to criticise saying it was just incompetence at most.😁

The 2-1 game we won v them despite Clancy giving double figure big decisions against us should have had us all singing off the same hymn sheep. 

"Tarrier like" was how folk calling out officials were described. 

Nothing has changed, Clancy is still a cheat.

Mate your thread was spot on but very difficult to maintain due to the subjectivity of each decision. Hard to convince anyone that you or I would fully judge a decision without blue tinted specs, no matter how honest we think we are being.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

VAR can overturn a 'clear and obvious error' if it leads to a goal, he did make a 'clear and obvious error'

The most obvious point for me is, if that goal is given there is absolutely no chance that he gets asked to go look at it again for a foul.. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate your thread was spot on but very difficult to maintain due to the subjectivity of each decision. Hard to convince anyone that you or I would fully judge a decision without blue tinted specs, no matter how honest we think we are being.

I used to go with a genuine objective view, and if concensus was against I'd go with the majority not my own view.

Nowadays folk who slated me are raging yet they don't even seem to understand the role of var.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

VAR can overturn a 'clear and obvious error' if it leads to a goal, he did make a 'clear and obvious error'

It can't overturn. It can't mate.

It can ask him to look at it again but doesn't have the power or remit to overturn. You and I will agree that it should have been a goal. I've spoke to plenty of people with green tinted specs today who agree. Even Walker agreed which is telling.

It still comes down to the on-field decision though and the referee makes the final decision.

We won't find out but I would love to know if Clancy told VAR that he had a decent view and that he didn't need to review it. The review was very quick and the more we're discussing it the more I'm convinced that was the case.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

It can ask him to look at it again but doesn't have the power or remit to overturn. You and I will agree that it should have been a goal. I've spoke to plenty of people with green tinted specs today who agree. Even Walker agreed which is telling.

It still comes down to the on-field decision though and the referee makes the final decision.

We won't find out but I would love to know if Clancy told VAR that he had a decent view and that he didn't need to review it. The review was very quick and the more we're discussing it the more I'm convinced that was the case.

👏👏👏👏

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Wrong message from Tav and Beale coming out and moaning about their 2nd 

We should’ve been banging on about that disallowed goal from the word go and for the next month. Fuck we should’ve been chasing Clancy about the park like something you’d see in South America as soon as it happened 

Not listened or watched anything since the game, but if we're not talking first and foremost about the Alfie decision then we deserve getting fucked up the arse.

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fair doos, 'overturn' was the wrong word on my part, he can tell the referee he has got it wrong. If the referee then proceeds to go with his decision over the VAR decision all hell breaks loose. He never told the referee he made a clear and obvious error, which he did.

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Wrong message from Tav and Beale coming out and moaning about their 2nd 

We should’ve been banging on about that disallowed goal from the word go and for the next month. Fuck we should’ve been chasing Clancy about the park like something you’d see in South America as soon as it happened 

I didn't say it on here or even say it out loud but I privately wondered what would happen if we walked off the park. Not at the time of the goal but at half time when we would have had a chance to see it on TV. Since we equalised they couldn't have complained it was sour grapes. Just a wee private thought I had and clearly not realistic :lol:

Genuinely what's this about their second goal? I seen it as Davies making a cunt of it but was there genuinely a handball from them? Anyone got footage from decent angles?

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Fair doos, 'overturn' was the wrong word on my part, he can tell the referee he has got it wrong. If the referee then proceeds to go with his decision over the VAR decision all hell breaks loose. He never told the referee he made a clear and obvious error, which he did.

He can't.

He can say based on what he believes tge ref has not seen, the refs observation and comments about his decisions that he  thinks there's the possibility the ref has made a clear and obvious error. And if he does so he directs ref to review his decision via the monitor.

Clancy made a ridiculous decision clearly based on contact between Morelos and their cunt. Var could only really get involved if he'd missed something else, their cunt had simulated, etc. They CANT re referee and say its soft etc.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I didn't say it on here or even say it out loud but I privately wondered what would happen if we walked off the park. Not at the time of the goal but at half time when we would have had a chance to see it on TV. Since we equalised they couldn't have complained it was sour grapes. Just a wee private thought I had and clearly not realistic :lol:

Genuinely what's this about their second goal? I seen it as Davies making a cunt of it but was there genuinely a handball from them? Anyone got footage from decent angles?

Anyone I’ve heard from that’s watched it back has said nothing in it so us complaining about that of all things is more than a little annoying 

43 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Yip.

I'm sure we were discussing this on here a few weeks ago well before he got announced as the referee for today's game and we both agreed that that ghame qwas the most blatant cheating from a referee since Madden in the Hibs game when Tav got put in to a headlock by Stokes and Jack got sent off.

Tav got booked for that as well.

This will be dropped tomorrow like a hot potato as the majority of our ex players will laugh and joke with their taig chums in the media, will say the better team won clap cause there 12 points ahead.

If the shoe was on the other foot they would all sing from the same hymn sheet close ranks and put pressure on refs even more demand sackings.

Our board and ex players are too soft

34 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate I know where you're coming from but it was the ref. Clancy could easily have not made a decision and instead waited for VAR to overturn the goal. In that case I'm absolutely certain that the goal would have stood. He didn't. He MADE the decision.

I've just read over my post but not going to edit it. VAR can't overturn. I'm leaving that in on purpose as it's a mistake which a lot of us are making which is a small bit of VAR's problem.

This is it in a nutshell...all these 'incompetent' cunts have realised now is to give a wild decision on something that's 50/50 and there's no  overturning. They can cheat even more. Clever.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He can't.

He can say based on what he believes tge ref has not seen, the refs observation and comments about his decisions that he  thinks there's the possibility the ref has made a clear and obvious error. And if he does so he directs ref to review his decision via the monitor.

Clancy made a ridiculous decision clearly based on contact between Morelos and their cunt. Var could only really get involved if he'd missed something else, their cunt had simulated, etc. They CANT re referee and say its soft etc.

A video assistant referee (VAR) is a match official, with independent access to match footage, who may assist the referee only in the event of a ‘clear and obvious error'

28 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

The most obvious point for me is, if that goal is given there is absolutely no chance that he gets asked to go look at it again for a foul.. 

Thing is there is a foul in the build up on Alfie it's that mutant that makes first contact so that should be a penalty.

The only decision that can't be is a free kick to them and a foul against Alfie.

Every official there today and in VAR should be ashamed of themselves tonight and Clancy should never be allowed near a Rangers game again. 

Cheating bastard.

2 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Clancy isn’t a cheat, just an absolutely shite referee & the var system made for these situations doesn’t work

He’s a cheat, I don’t believe any of the other refs up here are anything other than incompetent 

But Kevin Clancy is 100% a cheat you cannot convince me otherwise. I’ve only ever twice watched a game of football and thought we were being cheated by an official. That was today and 2019 in a game also refereed by Clancy