General Transfer Talk

Broxi

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Like Raskin 🤷🏻‍♂️

Raskin was doing nothing at his former club. More than  able to meet him before signing during a transfer window. Don't think clubs abroad would be releasing players under contract to meet another clubs manager. Raskin was also already a target before Beale came in.

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

We gave hagi, a new 3 year contract in the middle of an ACL injury.

Im still trying to think why...

Protecting an asset. Something we got right considering how poor we’ve shown ourselves to be when it comes to that in recent years.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Looking unlikely, but still hoping Kent re-signs.

Not sure I completely trust Beale on transfers tbh - seems to have an unhealthy obsession with players he coached or came across when coaching Chelsea under 12s.

He reminds me of Warburton he used sign players from his time as Watford youth team . It either players that play for him or against him . Looks like Beale has same ideas as him .

2 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

He reminds me of Warburton he used sign players from his time as Watford youth team . It either players that play for him or against him . Looks like Beale has same ideas as him .

:ang: That Warburton approach is my nightmare.  Shite from the English lower leagues at inflated prices.  Hate it.

Sounds like most of the signing work was done whilst Wilson was still here. So I’d expect the same markets and profile of player. But with more input from Beale-so players he is familiar with.

I think we are probably a few windows away from unearthing any gems from better markets sadly. That would require a bigger overhaul in our scouting department and recruitment aims. Not sure how much coverage we do if certain markets but we’re rarely if ever linked with players from eg A league

18 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Looking unlikely, but still hoping Kent re-signs.

Not sure I completely trust Beale on transfers tbh - seems to have an unhealthy obsession with players he coached or came across when coaching Chelsea under 12s.

Kent is off.

40 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jack, and Lundstram should be nowhere near the squad next season. Lawrence will be coming back from a year long spell out injured essentially and Hagi we should be look to sell for extra funds.

Neither should Sakala, Matondo and Wright. Imo we have more options in CM than we do at RW. 

Ideally we get one of everything. We need 6 signings, and bonus is a LB on top of it. 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Neither should Sakala, Matondo and Wright. Imo we have more options in CM than we do at RW. 

Ideally we get one of everything. We need 6 signings, and bonus is a LB on top of it. 

I really wouldn't consider Lawrence, Cantwell, Tillman, Lowry or Hagi central midfielders. They're a combination of wingers/10's or occasionally a deeper 10 who can play just in front of 2 holding mids.

The only central midfielders we really have are Jack, Lundstram, Raskin and Kamara. Beale will pretty much always play 2 of these and then occasionally the 10 will play a bit deeper, so we effectively have 4 players for 2 positions, 1 of which is OOC in the summer (Jack) and one who looks likely to leave (Kamara).

14 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sakala absolutely has a role to play next season, even if it’s mainly as an option from the bench.