General Transfer Talk

Broxi

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Isn't he more of a right winger than a central midfielder?

Not a winger no. Has played fromthe right in a similar way Cantwell or Lawrence have played form the left. But definitely not a winger. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

The problem we have is too many "squad options". We desperately need first team quality.

What squad options of a good standard do we have? Every signing we make this summer can’t be a nailed on starter. Will be 3 or 4 like this I’d imagine.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The problem we have is too many "squad options". We desperately need first team quality.

The problem isn’t that we have too many squad options it’s that we’ve got too many squad options who aren’t good enough to come in. We need first teams starters AND squad options that we’re happy playing when the first choices aren’t. 

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If I was I missed whatever you are referring to :lol:

Someone yesterday had a wee pop at me ( @Colin Traive iirc) but didn't have the decency to at least tag me in their post calling me an arsehole so I kindly asked the cunt to tag me - and not for the first time.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Haha,

Nah, on the very rare occasions I get something wrong, ill hold my hands up.

This has been my one example for this decade:lol:

Peak Brian Laudrup not getting a game ahead of Jonny Hayes for Aberdeen was another hypothetical belter!

Looks decent, understand the Arfield comparison but no brainer to favour Dowell due to age.

Think people tend to forget that coaches can improve players under their styles so not always a measure to look at how he played at Norwich.  More so his fitness, work rate attitude and ball skills etc should be looked at.  Looks a fair signing to me.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Seems to play anywhere across the midfield or either side of a front three. Definitely coming in to be a Jack of all trades, but a master of none.

Makes sense to have a couple of 'utility' players in the squad i guess if Beale is talking about a streamlined squad for next season. 

Saying that, i haven't a clue if he's any good.

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He looks unreal in this. 

His stats aren't great though, especially for playing in Isreal. 37 games this season, 4 goals, 2 assists. Which is surprising because he looks class in the video :lol: