General Transfer Talk

Broxi

23 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Cos we’ve got Colak and Roofe already. If one of them are sold then maybe.

The club are after a main striker so won’t sanction money and wages on Nisbet as back up while we already have 2 under contract.

Beale is on record as being after 2 CF signings.

I’d take Nisbet if we can get our money back for Colak. Don’t think we’d end up making a large profit on him. But decent squad option who would hit the ground running, used to the league and don’t have to worry about attitude etc

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Until it’s confirmed still hoping the Butland deal falls through and we’re pushed into spending on someone who’s played more games recently and probably has re-sell potential like Woodman.

A 30 year old keeper has plenty of resale to be honest.

Prob the equivalent of signing a 24 year old outfield player.

37 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Definitely in the minority but I don't hate Ben Davies. 

I just don’t think he’s suited to the Scottish game. Before he signed reports were his physicality and heading weren’t the best yet we thought it a good idea to sign him. I want a big horrible bastard at the back that wins everything in both boxes. That big Danish guy Kristensen we were linked with looks ideal. 

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

A 30 year old keeper has plenty of resale to be honest.

Prob the equivalent of signing a 24 year old outfield player.

That’s not really true. Keepers can play for longer but you don’t typically get clubs buying older keepers 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s not really true. Keepers can play for longer but you don’t typically get clubs buying older keepers 

Don’t think anyone really buys keepers for sell on either. Anytime they spend on a younger guy it’s usually with the hope he’s there till he’s done.

41 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

We will be signing another CB 

Agreed but, if we had another ten games left and Davies, Souttar and Goldson were all fit, Davies would be the one on the bench.

There was a story about a new CB (Panzo?) but nothing’s happened AFAIK.

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Could easily still get somewhere below about £5m if Butland has a storming couple of seasons up here.

Doubtful we would get that for a 32 year old outfield player.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Could easily still get somewhere below about £5m if Butland has a storming couple of seasons up here.

Doubtful we would get that for a 32 year old outfield player.

Why would we not want to keep him after “storming couple of seasons”?

id rather he retired with a half a dozen cups and titles 

18 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I just don’t think he’s suited to the Scottish game. Before he signed reports were his physicality and heading weren’t the best yet we thought it a good idea to sign him. I want a big horrible bastard at the back that wins everything in both boxes. That big Danish guy Kristensen we were linked with looks ideal. 

I think he was doing ok in his first season up until the old firm. Be all for it if we can get an upgrade as you say but as it stands just now, Goldson, Souttar, are in front of him and if we're bringing in that trusty boy I imagine he will be too. Having him and king as backups doesn't bother me. He will be on a handsome wage however and that could be an issue for a squad rotational player. I also have hopes that players are generally better in their second season with a full pre season etc.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not every player we bring in needs to fit the sell on model fs. Sometimes you need to bring in a bit of experience Butland will be a good signing for us and if we can get 3 or 4 seasons out him then that’s perfect. To get him on a free is a no brainier be madness not to bring him in.

Aye Butland makes total sense. Could comfortably get 3 or 4 seasons out of him also. I like the idea of free transfers early on which were doing.