General Transfer Talk

Broxi

3 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Best defender in world football at one point, how's it an awful shout?

Has no confidence, hasn’t played in ages, massive wages. Was never the best defender in world football, behave yourself 

13 hours ago, Smile said:

I think Kent just needs a change will do better in a system that's more open for his style of play, at us his game is too well known to our opponents.

I appreciate what Kents done but he's not been performing now there are a few players like that.

There is no doubt he has gone stale, same can be said for Morelos and Kamara. I think for non-Scottish players, probably about 3 years is the maximum you will get before they start to get itchy feet and want/need to move on to pastures new.  In hindsight, we should have sold them after the League win in 2001 and didn’t qualify for the CL.  (Good thing is them over the city are going to start to have the same problem in the next year or two with all their imports).

24 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

There is no doubt he has gone stale, same can be said for Morelos and Kamara. I think for non-Scottish players, probably about 3 years is the maximum you will get before they start to get itchy feet and want/need to move on to pastures new.  In hindsight, we should have sold them after the League win in 2001 and didn’t qualify for the CL.  (Good thing is them over the city are going to start to have the same problem in the next year or two with all their imports).

Yep add in winning the league and cup. And a European final. They’d achieved everything they were ever going to up here. Skill of a good manager to identify these players, cash in on them and keep the freshness. Scary how much they can drop off when they don’t care. As you said I’m sure their manager and guys like CCV and Jota will be eyeing up moves next year

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yep add in winning the league and cup. And a European final. They’d achieved everything they were ever going to up here. Skill of a good manager to identify these players, cash in on them and keep the freshness. Scary how much they can drop off when they don’t care. As you said I’m sure their manager and guys like CCV and Jota will be eyeing up moves next year

3.79 players on average will attain the above achievements, however only 2.16 of them will remain at the club the achievements were reached, for at least 4.17 years. This when compared with other data from the 80s and 90s is a 40% swing.

that’s the type of guys we need 

10 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

3.79 players on average will attain the above achievements, however only 2.16 of them will remain at the club the achievements were reached, for at least 4.17 years. This when compared with other data from the 80s and 90s is a 40% swing.

Better than… I like Scott Arfield and Allan McGregor. New contracts. Rangers men. Do good tackles. And bring back Kris Boyd. He was good. Big Rangers man. 

😂

52 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

:lol:

8 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

and Swansea in financial trouble difficulty. 

Theyve held high for their sub Whittaker, i dont think it will be any different for their leading goalscorer. 

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Looks like Butland isn’t a sure thing.

CF4D56D2-5B22-4E35-BEFB-EE636D7A11BD.thumb.jpeg.b3ce51bda1db9873b31e1ba72d20b57e.jpeg

Kinda torn on the Butland one.

I think he would be a safe, if unspectacular option. He does appear to have a clanger in him though, which would worry me somewhat.

If he is demanding £30k+ a week, then its a hell of a price if it does not work out and we find him hard to shift.

We go for some up and coming keeper on lower wages, and you run the risk of him turning out not to be a safe pair of hands and we are in the same sort of position we have been this year, with little confidence in your keeper.

11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Looks like Butland isn’t a sure thing.

CF4D56D2-5B22-4E35-BEFB-EE636D7A11BD.thumb.jpeg.b3ce51bda1db9873b31e1ba72d20b57e.jpeg

Hopefully true and we don’t sign him. A waste of a wage.

Happy with McCrorie as no1

Would only take a goalie who has actually been a starter for the last couple of seasons