Matondo

57 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

As it stands, the entire front 3 is a mess and I include Colak & Roofe to that. It's where we need to invest heavily.

We need a front 3 that's more clinical. It's brutal not just today but across the season how many chances we've passed up. 

Whoever we add to the front 3, they should all be aiming for double figures by season end. 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Two good flicks onto fash if he finished we’d all be saying a very different story. 2nd one especially was exceptional.

Poor other than that but similar to the tillman criticism at pittodrie, you can only set people up and it’s on them to finish.

Its amazing how kent was defended for ages with the line "its not his fault the strikers cant finish when he sets them up" 

Now it's someone else........ 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need a front 3 that's more clinical. It's brutal not just today but across the season how many chances we've passed up. 

Whoever we add to the front 3, they should all be aiming for double figures by season end. 

Double figures, like colak and he's been crocked for months of the season 

We have a clinical penalty box predator, beale just chooses not to play a system that will utilise it, we could have prime mccoist in this team and he'd be getting 10ft high cross flung at him against 3 big fuck off centre halves still

Our only/main three chances all came from him. Put Sakala through twice and the dangerous ball across goal where Hayes hit his own bar. He didn't do enough still for someone coming in and trying to make a claim or convince people he has something to offer. Not sure he will be good enough even as a squad player and we need better but not sure he was bad enough to have a full topic saying he was pish.

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We have a clinical penalty box predator, beale just chooses not to play a system that will utilise it, we could have prime mccoist in this team and he'd be getting 10ft high cross flung at him against 3 big fuck off centre halves still

I think this is the biggest issue. This formation and set up just doesn't work. I'm worried we could bring in astonishing players and Beale won't get a tune out them with this setup.

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think this is the biggest issue. This formation and set up just doesn't work. I'm worried we could bring in astonishing players and Beale won't get a tune out them with this setup.

Few of us said this when he came here, 

Either he changes the system or he goes for someone like dykes as a target for all these crosses we put in

Frightening is that we see the tarriers doing something different that works, and we dont even try it, 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Few of us said this when he came here, 

Either he changes the system or he goes for someone like dykes as a target for all these crosses we put in

Frightening is that we see the tarriers doing something different that works, and we dont even try it, 

We don't have the players to play the way they do

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Maybe not but try something else, today was another horseshoe slog, if one fullbacl couldnt get a cross in we worked it to the other to do the same thing, 

Of course it was a slog, we had a team full of players who aren't good enough, aren't interested or have barely played any football this season

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Of course it was a slog, we had a team full of players who aren't good enough, aren't interested or have barely played any football this season

I know, but my point is the tactics used today weren't helpful either, infact given how the sheep set up our system probably made it more of a slog

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I know, but my point is the tactics used today weren't helpful either, infact given how the sheep set up our system probably made it more of a slog

Win and a clean sheet against a team who have won 7 in a row whilst playing half a reserve team, nothing game but don't know why people are being so critical, every game between now and the summer is going to be a slog

9 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Matondo and Sakala are cut from the same cloth, both are not footballers.

100m sprint is more their sport, cos there ain't no football brain rattling about in their skulls.

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Colak has showing he can score goals when utilised properly. 

We need the rest of the front 3 to be scoring double figures as well but. 

I think that requires a change in system. Once less reliant on full backs getting forward and crossing the ball. 

The worry is beale will either be too stubborn or doesn't how to play anything else.