Matondo

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

I don't know what happened last summer, it was on Gio's watch though so that blame will always fall on that guy.

What I struggle to get my head around though is Van Bronckhorst played at the very highest level with Arsenal, Barca and Holland, he played in the most exciting Rangers team in my lifetime, he knows exactly what it takes to succeed at the highest level of football and more importantly, he knows what's required here.

I find it hard to understand the logic of him not wanting us to be as fit as possible, surely the methods he was using would've been to get peak fitness out of the squad and would've been a tried and tested tactic, something obviously went badly wrong but I can't see it being down to him not believing his methods were for the best for our players.

I think it’s too simplistic to blame Gio for fitness levels and injuries occurring. It’s a mixture of dreadful recruitment (in terms of talent and injury record) and the hangover of last season. 

Look at season 93/94, where barring Laudrup we were atrocious to watch. Almost all our first XI from the previous CL campaign suffered serious injuries that season, as the hangover of the extra games and effort took their toll. 

This season has turned out the same, Joe Aribo played the most minutes in world football last season and we had several others close to him due to the Europa league run. It’s no surprise that some of our players look shattered/haven’t returned to their previous levels/have picked up injuries. 

Summer last year should’ve been a clear out and we needed to make sure the players we brought in could play 40-50 games of football each. Instead we signed a lot of dross/players who have had fitness issues who’ve contributed fuck all. Barring Colak I’d call every signing from last summer a failure, which is fucking staggeringly bad…

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Pretty sure it will be ralston 

Probably as Johnston got injured when he tried to nail Borna.

Ralston just an animal who will boot everything that moves, he is pish though.

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

I hope so because if we can’t test a defence with ralston starfelt and Taylor I’m for chucking it 

Aye, that's true how we give Taylor that much space to run into amazes me he's not that good.

Sttarfelt piss poor as well.

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Johnstone has been a brilliant signing for them.

I don't rate him at all as theres a mistake in him and he fouls constantly the refs are letting him away with that though.

Downgrade on the Barcelona star.

I think our best hope for Matondo is that he still has credit in the bank from his time in Belgium - where he did well - and we can convince a team to take him on. Think in reality we will be stuck with him for the first half of next season and then he will get loaned out in January once it becomes clear he isn’t getting any games for us.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think our best hope for Matondo is that he still has credit in the bank from his time in Belgium - where he did well - and we can convince a team to take him on. Think in reality we will be stuck with him for the first half of next season and then he will get loaned out in January once it becomes clear he isn’t getting any games for us.

Can see that happening though he didn't really set the world alight in Belgium either. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hate constantly moaning, but Matondo is fucking shite.

Need to adopt a ruthless streak, and stop hoping for guys to maybe come good 18 months in.

Got laughed at for it on here before, but genuinely believe you can usually tell a Rangers player 15 mins into their first proper game. 

Yip, I saw it with sebo in his first attack, he knocked the ball inside the defender the proceeded to run outside the defender....Needless to say he never got to the ball....I knew then:lol:

49 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Need to adopt a ruthless streak, and stop hoping for guys to maybe come good 18 months in.

Got laughed at for it on here before, but genuinely believe you can usually tell a Rangers player 15 mins into their first proper game. 

100% agree you can tell straight away with the odd exception. Said the same the first time I seen Sakala vs Madrid. Touch was shocking but he scored and people thought he’d be good. 

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I don't rate him at all as theres a mistake in him and he fouls constantly the refs are letting him away with that though.

Downgrade on the Barcelona star.

He has came in the door at Parkhead and hit the ground running. They haven't missed Juaranovic because he's been that good. Be good if we could find a right back like him who can actually defend and doesn't get caught out continuously.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Hateley was honking on his debut vs Kiev.