Jack & Souttar in Scotland Squad

I did wonder if anybody at the club had a conversation with him before he signed his deal that effectively went along the lines of “we need to manage your games to get any use out of you so you need to put Rangers first if you want to continue and prolong your career here” but considering he’s still in the squad it looks like that’s not been the case.

The final fixture is 20th June. I'm sure we start preseason on 30th June.

A holiday that short isn't ideal but what would be worse is if both miss the start of the preseason to give them extended time off.

I do wish they both said no to this, especially with the seasons both have just had (I assume Souttar will be happy getting more games under his belt)

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Why wouldn’t he?

Obviously wants to play for his country, can't fault him for that; should've been more proactive on our end and made stipulations that he only get this new contract if he weaned off the international duties. 

That's our ball drop.

18 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Why wouldn’t he?

I don’t mind Souttar being called up, he’s a player in the prime of his career who’s overcome injury issues, but with Jack I feel like he’s a stage of his career where he should be doing all he can to prolong his career with us, especially because we do have to manage his minutes. I don’t blame him for wanting to play international football, but selfishly I would like it if being fit and available for us was his only priority now.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Obviously wants to play for his country, can't fault him for that; should've been more proactive on our end and made stipulations that he only get this new contract is he weaned off the international duties. 

That's our ball drop.

Technically his new contract likely doesn't kick in until 1st July, but even then, I don't think it's legal to put anything in not allowing him to play international football.

Used to go to all the Scotland games at hampden many moons ago but as much as I’d like to, I can’t bring myself to want Scotland to win nowadays.
TBH I like to see them fail such is the politics in Scotland. 
Only having Rangers players in the team will change that. The more the merrier for me.

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Used to go to all the Scotland games at hampden many moons ago but as much as I’d like to, I can’t bring myself to want Scotland to win nowadays.
TBH I like to see them fail such is the politics in Scotland. 
Only having Rangers players in the team will change that. The more the merrier for me.

Stopped being interested in the national side when we went down and our players stopped being in the squads. Doubt I’ll care again until we’re represented heavily again 

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t mind Souttar being called up, he’s a player in the prime of his career who’s overcome injury issues, but with Jack I feel like he’s a stage of his career where he should be doing all he can to prolong his career with us, especially because we do have to manage his minutes. I don’t blame him for wanting to ply international football, but selfishly I would like it if being fit and available for us was his only priority now.

He loves playing for both and has said as much 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He loves playing for both and has said as much 

Then maybe we as a club should have made a decision to move on from him then because it’s obvious that the clubs priorities and his priorities aren’t fully aligned.

The sounds a lot more brutally harsh than I mean it to, and it’s maybe a touch unfair, but we need to look after the club first and foremost.

3 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Jack needs tae chuck the jock stuff if he wants to prolong his career at any sort of decent level. He can’t play 2 games a week as it is without playing/travelling with Scotland for pointless games especially when he isn’t even 1st choice anyway.

I think Ryan Jack can make his own decisions

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Then maybe we as a club should have made a decision to move on from him then because it’s obvious that the clubs priorities and his priorities aren’t fully aligned.

The sounds a lot more brutally harsh than I mean it to, and it’s maybe a touch unfair, but we need to look after the club first and foremost.

Agree with this in honesty. If Jack, while already unreliable as it is, couldn't commit his full time to Rangers, we shouldn't have committed to him.

14 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Stopped being interested in the national side when we went down and our players stopped being in the squads. Doubt I’ll care again until we’re represented heavily again 

Not only that, the one or two players who did make the squad were abused by a section of the tartan trannies.