Welcome to Rangers, Dujon Sterling

Bydo

• 2 months later...

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Clement made him captain next season, there is something about the lad.

Once he is played in a set position/role he will go from strength to strength. And that position should be the central midfield enforcer. 

we need to build a team round him, not fit him into the team. 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Clement made him captain next season, there is something about the lad.

Once he is played in a set position/role he will go from strength to strength. And that position should be the central midfield enforcer. 

I called it the other week....thats the bare minimum, the big man gives his all regardless of where he has to play....my only concern is his niggling injuries he seems to pick up every other game

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

I'm not so sure he's vocal enough for captain, but you might be right because I certainly loved it when he called out his team mates out in an interview.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again, build the team around him and give him the captaincy. This is the boy who can lead us back to the top. He NEEDS to be the starting RB next season.

I know RB is his natural position, but i think @Prso's headbandmakes a good point in terms of putting Sterling as a CDM. The position plays to more of his strengths and he can instill a lot of energy, running and influence that i don't think he can from RB. 

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again, build the team around him and give him the captaincy. This is the boy who can lead us back to the top. He NEEDS to be the starting RB next season.

He’s terrible at speaking, not sure about the captaincy shout.

Desire, athleticism, ability to win the ball or protect it great all incredible but not much quality on it.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not so sure he's vocal enough for captain, but you might be right because I certainly loved it when he called out his team mates out in an interview.

I suspect he’s not too vocal right now because he’s respectful of the older players AND he’s getting shunted from one position to another and doesn’t have a settled role in the team so doesn’t feel it’s his position to do so.

the fact he called it as it is a few months back tells me he’s got a voice and a strong character.

played week in week put as the central midfield man and I reckon he’ll be barking orders and pulling the strings like Paul Ince.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Desire, athleticism, ability to win the ball or protect it great all incredible but not much quality on it.

I agree with you on that, he's even said in an interview himself previously along the lines of I'm not the most articulate. 

A captains role has a lot of off field duties that might end up detracting from his game. It's not a slight on him by any means as he's one of our best players Imo. He should be our RB nxt season. 

Who we make captain I don't know. Might even have to be an experienced new signing, who knows. 

29 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Gattuso wasn’t a great communicator, nor the most skilful with the ball at his feet but I’m sure most will agree he was captain material as he got a bit older. I see a Sterling doing similar and if he’s half as good as Gattuso turned out to be he’ll be a hellova player to have in your team.

Reckon he could be a bit of a nasty cunt too. Again,, something we’ve missed.

Folk say he's not too articulate at speaking in interviews, pressers etc.

See tbh I really do not give a flying fuck about that.

Sounding good in the media counts for absolutely fuck all.

Rangers Failures who talked a good game.

Warburton

Beale

Pedro

Tav

Ross Wilson

Goldson

And that's just a few in the last year or 5

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I agree with you on that, he's even said in an interview himself previously along the lines of I'm not the most articulate. 

A captains role has a lot of off field duties that might end up detracting from his game. It's not a slight on him by any means as he's one of our best players Imo. He should be our RB nxt season. 

Who we make captain I don't know. Might even have to be an experienced new signing, who knows. 

Exactly, really like him as a player and his attitude but not so sure about captain.