Why not invest in SPFL talent?

sco22y

As people have said premium rate for average players who have a good game against us need better plus the academy boys we have need to realise talent gets you so far but must have the desire and dedication to go that extra mile to make sure your ability stands out play every game as it’s your last once you win the battle your talent will show

3 hours ago, sco22y said:

We have lost out on so many fantastic talents recently that have played in our league (Hickey, Ferguson, Doigde etc.), surely we need to learn from this.  I'm thinking back to Neil McCann, Billy Dodds, Claudio Cannigia and Nacho Novo, to name a few, who delivered us titles.

Van Veen, Shankland and Nisbet are know doubt a talking point but so too are many others? 

Sound ma man 

2 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Hickey is.

Hickey would never have signed for us, even if we managed to get a bid accepted for him.

People ignore the fact we often sign up the best young players in Scotland.  It's just very few of them make it.  Most of the "talent" we miss out on from the SPFL would never make our first team and would end up struggling to make our squad.

3 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Because the standard is the worst it has ever been outwith us being out of the top flight

Nisbet is the only one even worth considering

Couldnt agree more. In a year we came 2nd at a clear loss we had a very high points total for a runners up team.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I do think we'll get back to investing in the better young Scottish talent out there.

But we're still not really in a financial position to be paying over the odds for the luxury right now. Plus Beale has to get winners in his squad and trophies in the cabinet more urgently than might be needed for some to make an impact with us.

Doig is the one I liked. Would have happily taken him if we could have punted Borna.

Lewis ferguson and hickey. Only ones I feel we should have pushed for

37 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Never saw it with Hickey if I'm honest. Rate him now though.

Ferguson either for me, he was part of a sheep team that finished 9th last season while we were runners up in the europa league, imagine our fanbase if we signed Ferguson last summer instead of raskin (had kamara moved to nice) 

I said at the time when Hickey was at Hearts, he was the player to go after. Everyone said he never played well against Rangers, which was true, but you could see the kid was a player.

I also said back in the day to go after Nisbet when he was at Dunfermline and available for tuppence. I'm not sure I would pay the asking price for him now.

To add... Cannigia was class. A great signing, despite my wife wanting to shag him every time we watched him.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ferguson either for me, he was part of a sheep team that finished 9th last season while we were runners up in the europa league, imagine our fanbase if we signed Ferguson last summer instead of raskin (had kamara moved to nice) 

And now he’s part of a Bologna team doing well in a league much better than ours, while we spent a season with Kamara and Lundstram taking the piss out of us, and starting the likes of Davis and Arfield in the Champions League.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And now he’s part of a Bologna team doing well in a league much better than ours, while we spent a season with Kamara and Lundstram taking the piss out of us, and starting the likes of Davis and Arfield in the Champions League.

Aye we know our squad problems, we tried to rectify the kamara situation last summer, but theres still nothing to say ferguson would have been any better, he's playing in a much lesser pressured environment with likely more time to play football and doesn't come up against two banks of 5 only wanting to boot fuck out of you 

Bologna are in the bottom half with a GD of 3 and failed to win 24 games and people still lavish praise on him

We dropped 2 points at easter road after collum cheated us and its a fucking meltdown in our fanbase

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye we know our squad problems, we tried to rectify the kamara situation last summer, but theres still nothing to say ferguson would have been any better, he's playing in a much lesser pressured environment with likely more time to play football and doesn't come up against two banks of 5 only wanting to boot fuck out of you 

Bologna are in the bottom half with a GD of 3 and failed to win 24 games and people still lavish praise on him

We dropped 2 points at easter road after collum cheated us and its a fucking meltdown in our fanbase

Ferguson would have had a better season than any midfielder that started the season, it’d be impossible not too :lol:

If they win tomorrow which they have a fair chance of doing, they finish top half, only 8 points off of Europe.

I don’t see the point in your last paragraph at all, well I do, but it’s stupid as fuck. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Ferguson would have had a better season than any midfielder that started the season, it’d be impossible not too :lol:

If they win tomorrow which they have a fair chance of doing, they finish top half, only 8 points off of Europe.

I don’t see the point in your last paragraph at all, well I do, but it’s stupid as fuck. 

You think ferguson would have been better than tillman? And as for the rest, aye they had fucking howling seasons for whatever reason, but the fact is we were never going to replace europa league runners up with a sheep player who massively under achieved last season

And my last paragraph is about his performances for bologna, and how theres less pressure, they have literally dropped 60 points this season, we go into meltdown dropping 2,

Playing for us pressure wise is much different, 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You think ferguson would have been better than tillman? And as for the rest, aye they had fucking howling seasons for whatever reason, but the fact is we were never going to replace europa league runners up with a sheep player who massively under achieved last season

And my last paragraph is about his performances for bologna, and how theres less pressure, they have literally dropped 60 points this season, we go into meltdown dropping 2,

Playing for us pressure wise is much different, 

I forgot about Tillman tbf :lol: 

We’d be as well no signing most players then, because the pressure our players are under is massively different to most.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I forgot about Tillman tbf :lol: 

We’d be as well no signing most players then, because the pressure our players are under is massively different to most.

Obviously not, but the sheep got 3mill or more for him, would you pay that for a player who just finished 9th in the team who were expected to finish 3rd 

(i know we bought matondo for that, so dont start lol) 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Obviously not, but the sheep got 3mill or more for him, would you pay that for a player who just finished 9th in the team who were expected to finish 3rd 

(i know we bought matondo for that, so dont start lol) 

For Ferguson, I 100% would have aye.

7 hours ago, kanjo said:

Because mostly it's over-vaulted. 

Diddy teams like the Sheep over inflate their prices and they mostly go on to become dogshite. 

No doubt there has been a couple of players that did go on to justify their price but majority do not. 

One that comes to mind the most just now is £2m rated Cosgrove.  

How can they over inflate a price for any player we have never bid for?

13 hours ago, sco22y said:

We have lost out on so many fantastic talents recently that have played in our league (Hickey, Ferguson, Doigde etc.), surely we need to learn from this.  I'm thinking back to Neil McCann, Billy Dodds, Claudio Cannigia and Nacho Novo, to name a few, who delivered us titles.

Van Veen, Shankland and Nisbet are know doubt a talking point but so too are many others? 

We have in the current squad in Souttar, Ryan Jack, Scott Wright and Glen Kamara.