Saudi Football

16 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Looking like pretty much all the big name players that went there want to leave except Ronaldo, blaming false promises made by the government about family life. 

A lot of them don't even actually live in Saudi so this sounds like made-up nonsense to me tbh

16 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Looking like pretty much all the big name players that went there want to leave except Ronaldo, blaming false promises made by the government about family life. 

They can blame who they want but the players themselves are the ones who are to blame. They are the ones who took money over ambition. Moving to Saudi will be a culture shock for most of them and they should have thought about that before moving. 

6 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Do they live in Dubai instead or still in Europe?

Yeah many will have their families in Dubai, but 3 of the teams in the East with foreigners will likely be living in Bahrain and will commute daily (like Gerrard + Henderson)

Tbh I feel like any time a player wants to move they'll just cite cultural differences or blame it on adapting to the country by default. It's a pretty easy get out excuse for them that everyone will lap up. 

Places like Riyadh and Jeddah are perfectly fine to live in, and so are Bahrain, Dubai etc if they are living there instead. 

58 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yeah many will have their families in Dubai, but 3 of the teams in the East with foreigners will likely be living in Bahrain and will commute daily (like Gerrard + Henderson)

Even in Dubai, there’s still a bit of an undercurrent of ‘know your place women’ never mind the less westernised places. 

Can see why families aren’t settling. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Even in Dubai, there’s still a bit of an undercurrent of ‘know your place women’ never mind the less westernised places. 

Don't agree with this tbh

Saudi yes, although it's improving rapidly in the last 5 years. Dubai I didn't experience this, was living there with a woman, made friends with several more and don't think any would say that either

When did you last go?

That's not my experience of it at all recently. I have also noticed more and more women being promoted into senior, key decision-making roles in the workplace

The UAE is nothing like that in my experience. Even when I worked in Bahrain it was relaxed especially when it came to visitors.

4 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

The UAE is nothing like that in my experience. Even when I worked in Bahrain it was relaxed especially when it came to visitors.

I think this might be code for you have another 8 kids there.

5 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

And another 5 here.

On 10/01/2024 at 12:31, Broxi said:

Tbh I feel like any time a player wants to move they'll just cite cultural differences or blame it on adapting to the country by default. It's a pretty easy get out excuse for them that everyone will lap up. 

Places like Riyadh and Jeddah are perfectly fine to live in, and so are Bahrain, Dubai etc if they are living there instead. 

I mind Derek Riordan went to play in China and came straight back complaining that the food wasn't the same as Chinese takeaways 😂

Ronaldo will see out his career in Saudi because he’s unlikely to get a decent club in Europe. The younger players will have went over there with no intention of seeing out these deals, they’ll go for a while and collect their huge wages and then look for a way back to Europe.

58 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ronaldo will see out his career in Saudi because he’s unlikely to get a decent club in Europe. The younger players will have went over there with no intention of seeing out these deals, they’ll go for a while and collect their huge wages and then look for a way back to Europe.

Think he will have his final season at Sporting tbh.