Saudi Football

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

They have some huge fanbases in the country

Most Saudis support a local team and then a European one

Al Hilal have a 65k seater stadium which sells out , they're the most successful team in the country and have won the AFC Champions League 4 times

They have a significantly bigger market in their own country than we do with our clubs. Comment on their sportswashing and buying high profile players all you want, but most of your post is pretty ignorant of that region

You might not care (and tbh neither do I) but there are millions who do

I can see them try to get into european competitions, they never should, but money talks and they could argue that Israel has teams that compete in europe

Their goal won't be to join UEFA, but to make the Club World Cup into a bigger competition than the Champions League, which is a possibility.

Saudi's are heavily invested in the African super league that is starting, so between Asia and Africa - plus the European teams they own/will buy - they'll have a lot of influence in the CWC. I can almost guarantee they will be a major sponsor of the first CWC.

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Their goal won't be to join UEFA, but to make the Club World Cup into a bigger competition than the Champions League, which is a possibility.

Saudi's are heavily invested in the African super league that is starting, so between Asia and Africa - plus the European teams they own/will buy - they'll have a lot of influence in the CWC. I can almost guarantee they will be a major sponsor of the first CWC.

Anything to allow them to continue with medieval values in a modern world. While the cash flows they hope no one will criticise.

21 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Anything to allow them to continue with medieval values in a modern world. While the cash flows they hope no one will criticise.

They need to before the reliance on oil disappears so the country doesn't become irrelevant.