Saudi Football

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

Of course it is. Just because he has money, it doesn't mean his life wouldn't change with shit loads more. 

Jordan Henderson, for example will earn £110m over his contract, tax free. Even if it's half of that, I would assume he is doubling his net wealth. That's life changing. 

How exactly? I’m sure he already has a bloody big house, fancy cars, flies everywhere first class , goes anywhere he feels like for holidays etc so what will change?

12 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

How exactly? I’m sure he already has a bloody big house, fancy cars, flies everywhere first class , goes anywhere he feels like for holidays etc so what will change?

Buy a yacht or plane, we'll never relate because we don't have that sort of money. There is always better, bigger stuff to buy and have a better lifestyle. 

What do billionaires buy with their money? 

He might be able to buy a better house now. Or more cars, houses etc, keep in a better lifestyle. 

Otherwise, why are all these "stars" going over to play there? I would only assume it's life changing money. They all can't be greed bastards. 

Just now, maverick1200 said:

Buy a yacht or plane, we'll never relate because we don't have that sort of money. There is always better, bigger stuff to buy and have a better lifestyle. 

What do billionaires buy with their money? 

He might be able to buy a better house now. Or more cars, houses etc, keep in a better lifestyle. 

Otherwise, why are all these "stars" going over to play there? I would only assume it's life changing money. They all can't be greed bastards. 

Don’t agree. It may improve their house etc but it’s not life changing. That would be an ordinary guy with a flat and a ford fiesta getting tens of millions not the Neymars or Rnldos of the world.

PS They are all greedy bastards to go to a horrid fucking country that has has Stone Age laws

54 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

It'll be generational wealth. His kids, grandkids, great grandkids etc will never need to worry about money. 

52 minutes ago, aird said:

It'll be generational wealth. His kids, grandkids, great grandkids etc will never need to worry about money. 

Yeah that'll be the driving factor to most of these players going there. It's not just making you rich, it's your family's generations for years to come.

There will be the odd greedy bastard, mind you.

53 minutes ago, aird said:

If I could move job and secure my kids, grandkids futures I'd be there in a flash especially for a couple years. 

The easiest money you could ever make 

2 hours ago, aird said:

So they can spawn no users like Brooklyn Beckham?

If you’re a current premiership footballer and make the right choices, all the people you listed will already never need to worry about money.

I do look on it as just greedy bastards wanting more. I actually don’t blame them as most people would do the same. 

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

If I could move job and secure my kids, grandkids futures I'd be there in a flash especially for a couple years. 

The easiest money you could ever make 

I'm the same. 3 years is fuck all if you are setting your family for generations. 

Although Neymar's contract is insane. 

31 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Part of me thinks the bigger European teams would be against it and not allow it to go through as it's a threat to their own success, but if they offer something like £1-2b per year then that's a huge amount of extra money for each team.

The Rich or big teams will jump at the chance of more money, the rest of us without the clout of the big boys will just get worse. 

Banter league.

Half of a team is has beens on the decline for obscene money, other half is folk no one ever cared about. Canny imagine Mohammed in the stands being that enthusiastic, no atmosphere at all. 

Only 'benefit' I see from the Saudi leagues is the money leagues shifting their old talent for multiple times more than they are worth. Who knows maybe we got £10m+ for Sakala, would make more sense than most of these transfers there. 

On 17/08/2023 at 10:45, folkestoneger said:

Can always want more. It's a level of extravagance he hasnt had before. Sour puss Ronaldo is the same. All while declining rapidly. Fantastic move for him for his own sake. Obscene money, and importantly tax free with massive perks attached. Silly not to go there.

21 minutes ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Can always want more. It's a level of extravagance he hasnt had before. Sour puss Ronaldo is the same. All while declining rapidly. Fantastic move for him for his own sake. Obscene money, and importantly tax free with massive perks attached. Silly not to go there.

Which former poster are you?