Saudi Football

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

The interview is fucking unreal. :lol: 

Adam Crafton has done a great job at exposing how much of a moron Henderson is. The quote about Qatar is like a line from an Alan Partidge skit. 

Just seen someone on Twitter describing him as a "rare genuine example of virtue signalling". That's perfect. He should be in the dictionary definition. 

On 15/08/2023 at 02:34, johanhentze said:

I just cannot understand these players that are already on 300k+ going to Saudi fucking Arabia. I have been offered lifechanging cash in the past for a job that I really didnt fancy.. I fucking turned it down!!!! These guys will never run out of cash and still they are greedy for more.

Agreed 100%. Over the years opportunities have been available for myself as well, which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Saudi Arabia is a vile backward theocracy, ruled by individuals every bit as bad and as evil as those who have been in power in any of the "Axis of evil" nations. The way that western countries have accepted their recent attempts at sportwashing their image is a disgrace.

I wonder how the wives of some of these footballers feel about their husbands taking this tainted money. I hope at least some of them have been unhappy about it.

13 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Agreed 100%. Over the years opportunities have been available for myself as well, which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Saudi Arabia is a vile backward theocracy, ruled by individuals every bit as bad and as evil as those who have been in power in any of the "Axis of evil" nations. The way that western countries have accepted their recent attempts at sportwashing their image is a disgrace.

I wonder how the wives of some of these footballers feel about their husbands taking this tainted money. I hope at least some of them have been unhappy about it.

Also responsible for funding the spread of violent jihadism across the world. People have too easily forgotten the majority of the 9/11 mob were Saudi.

It just shows how throwing money at the west can buy forgiveness for anything

5 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Also responsible for funding the spread of violent jihadism across the world. People have too easily forgotten the majority of the 9/11 mob were Saudi.

It just shows how throwing money at the west can buy forgiveness for anything

Completely agree. Their regime hides behind being allies to the west while being one of the most militant Islamist states doing far more damage than the likes of Iran could dream of doing but with much better PR.

20 hours ago, The Beast said:

Completely agree. Their regime hides behind being allies to the west while being one of the most militant Islamist states doing far more damage than the likes of Iran could dream of doing but with much better PR.

The west being reliant on them for oil allows them to get away with murder (literally).

On 05/09/2023 at 12:02, Somemightsay7 said:

Henderson said: "I've gone above and beyond to help [the LGBTQ+ community]. I've worn the laces. I've worn the armband. I've spoken to people in that community to try to use my profile to help them. That's all I've ever tried to do.

Going above and beyond is putting on boots with different coloured laces (which the kitman would have done), an armband and talked to some people. He really has done everything humanly possible.

I am sure the homosexuals dying in Saudi for being gay appreciate that....

3 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The west being reliant on them for oil allows them to get away with murder (literally).

Correct they are the least bad option in the eyes of many western countries. The fact is that they are every bit as bad as the other big middle eastern oil producers just smarter about how they present themselves and who's palms they grease.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 14:52, JamieD said:

This interview is the worst thing he could have done. I went from thinking he was just greedy to thinking he's greedy, thick as shit, a total arsehole and a liar. 

And on the pitch, a wannabe hardman. Laughable, given the likes of Souness once filled his position. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jordan Henderson has never, ever been a wannabe hard man :lol: 

Watch Liverpool when he was there, any aggro and he'd be there puffing the chest out. Not a wannabe in the sense of trying to be the next Roy Keane, but def would try and look hard in any aggro/confrontation.