Saudi Football

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I wonder if we've been slightly unlucky with the timing of the Saudi league splashing the cash. A season earlier one of the clubs might have fancied one of our EL final players.

We're in the boom now, if any of our players do well this season, should be prepared for a Saudi bid.

Even clubs of a championship/league one calibre in terms of over here, has fucking shed loads of cash to spend over there.

If it puts cash into us, I couldn't care. Sell ma soul all day.

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Ach it’s only money.

IMG_3286.thumb.jpeg.cc081ed981a2152940e3c0edd78b2244.jpeg

The top European leagues only have themselves to blame. For years now teams have been paying players 1/2 - 3/4 mil a week thinking no one will ever be able to top that then Saudis come along and fuck that out the water. If they big leagues had kept it down then this wouldn’t have got so ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

The top European leagues only have themselves to blame. For years now teams have been paying players 1/2 - 3/4 mil a week thinking no one will ever be able to top that then Saudis come along and fuck that out the water. If they big leagues had kept it down then this wouldn’t have got so ridiculous.

Literally only 2-3 footballers in the history of European football have been paid more than half a million a week. 

If they had paid them less that wouldn't have made any difference to what Saudi are offering. 

17 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Literally only 2-3 footballers in the history of European football have been paid more than half a million a week. 

If they had paid them less that wouldn't have made any difference to what Saudi are offering. 

There were quite a few in recent years. Messi nearly bankrupted Barca.

I just cannot understand these players that are already on 300k+ going to Saudi fucking Arabia. I have been offered lifechanging cash in the past for a job that I really didnt fancy.. I fucking turned it down!!!! These guys will never run out of cash and still they are greedy for more.

16 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I just cannot understand these players that are already on 300k+ going to Saudi fucking Arabia. I have been offered lifechanging cash in the past for a job that I really didnt fancy.. I fucking turned it down!!!! These guys will never run out of cash and still they are greedy for more.

Unfortunately not everyone is like you. Most people wouldn't turn down life changing money. 

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

How long until Sky or TNT start to properly push the Saudi League with TV deals etc?

I was wondering that, but when thinking about it, is anyone really going to sign up to TNT/Sky Sports to watch the Saudi League that isn't already signed up to watch the EPL/Europe etc?

I can imagine the amount of people who are interested in watching the Saudi League but not interested in watching the EPL/Championship/SPFL/Europe is very, very low.

That's why I could see some other player trying to get it - DAZN maybe.

19 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Hardly life changing if you are already a multi millionaire

Of course it is. Just because he has money, it doesn't mean his life wouldn't change with shit loads more. 

Jordan Henderson, for example will earn £110m over his contract, tax free. Even if it's half of that, I would assume he is doubling his net wealth. That's life changing.