Hagi

ForeverBlue92

28 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s exactly why I raised the question asking if people would swap Lammers going out on loan for Kent coming in on loan the other day.

I think if we can get a team to take Lammers on loan with them covering a percentage of his wages we will 100% look at a deal to bring Kent back with us covering a similar amount of his wages.

Hasn’t Lammers already been involved in more goals than Kent last year?

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I wouldn’t have Kent near the place tbh.

If we bring Kent back then it just sums up the shambles that the club is.

He would be, but I was meaning more the general point that that’s the sort of deal we are liked to be after. Like for like in terms of getting players out and replacing them with players in similar situations at other clubs. 

I do like him, always speaks well of the club and seemed genuine…

However still not sure he’s good enough and the fact that is still questionable even though he has been with us for some time tells me he’s not, however none of our managers over that time have played him in his preferred position for a prolonged period of time, again pointing to the likelihood he is not good enough. 

46 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He would be, but I was meaning more the general point that that’s the sort of deal we are liked to be after. Like for like in terms of getting players out and replacing them with players in similar situations at other clubs. 

I don’t expect anything other than loans but it’s got to be the right ones.

I suspect it will be players that the manager has worked with in the past again, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

I do like him, always speaks well of the club and seemed genuine

However still not sure he’s good enough and the fact that is still questionable even though he has been with us for some time tells me he’s not, however none of our managers over that time have played him in his preferred position for a prolonged period of time, again pointing to the likelihood he is not good enough. 

Apparently he is that impressed with Rangers his dad's team has adopted a few of our traditions

14 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I suspect it will be players that the manager has worked with in the past again, unfortunately.

Think that’s fine short term, if he’s got a RW he’s worked with that knows his system, then great.

That’s different to Beale’s ‘watched him as a youth a decade ago and he was decent then’ approach. 

15 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think we will try and free up enough money to go after Shankland. Think he’s everything we need to get away from in terms of the profile of player we should be aiming to sign, but the noise about him doesn’t seem to be going away.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think we will try and free up enough money to go after Shankland. Think he’s everything we need to get away from in terms of the profile of player we should be aiming to sign, but the noise about him doesn’t seem to be going away.

When was the last time we signed someone like Shankland?

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Again, if we pay millions for Shankland just shut the doors.

Continually talk about this fourth pillar then, just like Dessers, spunk millions for a 29 year old.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Think that’s fine short term, if he’s got a RW he’s worked with that knows his system, then great.

That’s different to Beale’s ‘watched him as a youth a decade ago and he was decent then’ approach. 

I’m not criticising Clement, it’s just where we are as no SD and basically Park and Craig Robertson as scouts.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Signed a 28 year old journeyman in the summer?

If we were signing Shankland it should have been 5 years ago. 

Signing a top scorer who knows the league.

Can’t seriously be saying Shankland and a 28 year old Dessers without much record of scoring coming off a knee injury is the same?

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Signing a top scorer who knows the league.

Can’t seriously be saying Shankland and a 28 year old Dessers without much record of scoring coming off a knee injury is the same?

How much re-sale value do either have?

We’re looking at posting 8 figure losses next year due to gross mismanagement yet fans still think we should be spending millions  on players with no resale value.

Absolutely mental.

38 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

When was the last time we signed someone like Shankland?

A 28 year old striker who will turn 29 early into the season and provides no resale value whatsoever? We signed one of them in the Summer in Dessers.

The board cannot keep coming out and talking about a player trading model and then continue to sign guys who are 28 plus for big money, especially somebody like Shankland who would come with the Rangers Tax price bump if we were to even enquire about him.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Shankland is a no brainer for me and I used to be dead against signing him.

If that’s the case, and I think he would score goals for us, then the board need to stop coming out with statements about a player trading model then.  They can’t keep talking out of both sides of their mouths like they have been when it comes to our recruitment policy.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

What noise about him? Fans on social media saying we should go for him? :lol: