Hagi

ForeverBlue92

41 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Dont get the hate for him from some. Seems a sound guy who has taken the club to his heart. Pre injury had his qualities, although too slow for me, but played his part in 55 big style with some key contributions. I will remember him for Braga game personally.

Post ACL it seems he is struggling to get back to where he was.

Just like Borna, its best for all parties they move on and I wish them well.

Lack of pace is why he won't be a long term success here. 

He has heart and technical ability which are both important, but just hasn't that turn of pace needed to be the spark further up the pitch. I think he's made for Seria A. 

Should get an ok fee for him, and we hopefully recruit more suitable players. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Dont think he's anywhere near the level needed but love that

I dont either, but I can't say that I wouldn't be interested in seeing if Clement can get anything out of him. If we get a decent offer to sell him though it's a no brainer.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

I dont either, but I can't say that I wouldn't be interested in seeing if Clement can get anything out of him. If we get a decent offer to sell him though it's a no brainer.

Even when he was fit he would burn out after 70 minutes and need replaced. Stamina was shocking. Don't think he's a Clement type of player.

4 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Lack of pace is why he won't be a long term success here. 

He has heart and technical ability which are both important, but just hasn't that turn of pace needed to be the spark further up the pitch. I think he's made for Seria A. 

Should get an ok fee for him, and we hopefully recruit more suitable players. 

Cant remember what we paid? 3-4 mill? Id expect 1-2 mill if we find the right buyer.

Could be right re serie A

4 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Never understood why pace is important in a country where the majority of your games teams sit so deep that pace is redundant 

Surely playing in scotland, ability on the ball and being able to pick out a cracking pass is more important than running fast, matondo being the prime example

Everything is 100 mph in scotland. 

Hagi picked out the odd great match winning pass.

But with players like that its for the majority slow tippy tappy to the side stuff. Plays into the team defending deep nicely.

I feel Rangers look better pressing high with fast pace, like gerrard era at its best, and warburton style (I dont think he had required standard of player to win spl before I get slated 🤣)

16 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Every loan agreement is different

Aye mate but I’m sure I read on here January that there was no recall option in the deal. Don’t know if Clement actually said that in an interview or if it was just somebody on here posting ‘ITK’ stuff lol 

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

Everything is 100 mph in scotland. 

Hagi picked out the odd great match winning pass.

But with players like that its for the majority slow tippy tappy to the side stuff. Plays into the team defending deep nicely.

I feel Rangers look better pressing high with fast pace, like gerrard era at its best, and warburton style (I dont think he had required standard of player to win spl before I get slated 🤣)

Everything maybe 100mph in scotland but thats more passing quickly, short moves into small spaces etc, constantly moving

If anything hagi was one who didnt want to do the sideways tippy tappy nonsense, he always looked for a more direct and quicker approach

But his lack of pace shouldn't be a reason for him not to succeed here, pace needs space to utilise, when guys like hagi are playing in the final 3rd of the pitch against 10 opposition players, pace isnt as good an asset as spotting a pass

I might be wrong but I thought he was one of our better players just before his injury.  He also wasn’t too bad during our invincible season.

My opinion is we are too quick to write him off.  I learned this lesson with Ridvan most recently. 

5 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I get that but don't think it's a good fit. The football is too intense.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Every loan agreement is different

Cant recall a single example of it happening.

16 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I might be wrong but I thought he was one of our better players just before his injury.  He also wasn’t too bad during our invincible season.

My opinion is we are too quick to write him off.  I learned this lesson with Ridvan most recently. 

He was good during the 55 season but was terrible just before he got injured. Gio played him as a right winger.

6 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Never understood why pace is important in a country where the majority of your games teams sit so deep that pace is redundant 

Surely playing in scotland, ability on the ball and being able to pick out a cracking pass is more important than running fast, matondo being the prime example

Exactly brains over  brawn will always  come out top👏

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

He was closer to our worst than our best before he got injured

10 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Dont get the hate for him from some. Seems a sound guy who has taken the club to his heart. Pre injury had his qualities, although too slow for me, but played his part in 55 big style with some key contributions. I will remember him for Braga game personally.

Post ACL it seems he is struggling to get back to where he was.

Just like Borna, its best for all parties they move on and I wish them well.

Aye likewise. I think he's a good player who embraced Rangers but is not quite suited to playing in Scotland or the Clement gameplan.

I think he will go on to have a very decent career but not close to matching his old man.

If he leaves this summer I'd like to think he will go with the best wishes of our fanbase.

I like Hagi as a person. Comes across as a genuine bloke who gives his all.

He seems very happy there. He has said as much Think he has found a team with a style of play that suits him.

Hopefully sell him for a decent amount and Phil can invest it in our future squad. Everyone wins in that scenario.