Hagi

ForeverBlue92

8 hours ago, Cooperson said:

Aye well done, but you know fine well I wasn't talking about Kamara smart arse

No you weren’t but you can’t moan about us constantly underselling our players when Hagi has allegedly been available for transfer all Summer and nobody has come in with a concrete bid for him.

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

No you weren’t but you can’t moan about us constantly underselling our players when Hagi has allegedly been available for transfer all Summer and nobody has come in with a concrete bid for him.

If you want to let someone go for fuck all when we paid millions for him batter in

3 hours ago, Gman36 said:

important part of the title winning squad

Was he? Can't say I recall that to be honest.

Guy is decent technically but he's chronically slow and inconsistent.

Comes up with the odd moment but no different from what others would and will do, so don't know why some think he's a great loss, personally.

A good player and a good guy who I wanted to see do well but ultimately it just hasn’t worked out. He did though score some important goals, his goal at Brondby was effectively the moment that started our run to Seville for me and I don’t think there’s any way we beat Braga the first time without his effect on the game.

He’s never been been the quickest, certainly not quick enough to play the right wing roles we’ve tried to shoe horn him into. I think he’d be well suited to Cantwells role unfortunately Cantwell and probably Lawrence are just better options there 

Best of luck to him 

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

A good player and a good guy who I wanted to see do well but ultimately it just hasn’t worked out. He did though score some important goals, his goal at Brondby was effectively the moment that started our run to Seville for me and I don’t think there’s any way we beat Braga the first time without his effect on the game.

He’s never been been the quickest, certainly not quick enough to play the right wing roles we’ve tried to shoe horn him into. I think he’d be well suited to Cantwells role unfortunately Cantwell and probably Lawrence are just better options there 

Best of luck to him 

I was at the Braga game and have watched it a few times as it was an incredible atmosphere 2nd half, just amazing.  His 1st goal was a cracker, and his 2nd a freak deflection.  Other than that, I didn't think he affected the game much.  But yep, best of luck to him. 

On 27/08/2023 at 22:45, Cooperson said:

If you want to let someone go for fuck all when we paid millions for him batter in

Clubs have obviously been reluctant to buy outright this Summer because he’s coming off the back of a serious injury.

If nobody wanted to sign him permanently then the alternative was to keep a player, taking home a big wage, who’s never going to get any meaningful minutes for us.

Loaning him out (which won’t be “for free” either BTW) gets him off our wage bill, which is probably going to allow us to bring another player in before the end of the window, and gives Hagi a platform to play regular football and either put himself in the shop window for other clubs to sign next Summer, or gives us a returning player full of confidence.

We’ve fucked up a lot in recent years with how badly we’ve handled our outgoing dealings, that hasn’t been the case this Summer, but if that’s the hill you want to die on then “batter in”

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Clubs have obviously been reluctant to buy outright this Summer because he’s coming off the back of a serious injury.

If nobody wanted to sign him permanently then the alternative was to keep a player, taking home a big wage, who’s never going to get any meaningful minutes for us.

Loaning him out (which won’t be “for free” either BTW) gets him off our wage bill, which is probably going to allow us to bring another player in before the end of the window, and gives Hagi a platform to play regular football and either put himself in the shop window for other clubs to sign next Summer, or gives us a returning player full of confidence.

We’ve fucked up a lot in recent years with how badly we’ve handled our outgoing dealings, that hasn’t been the case this Summer, but if that’s the hill you want to die on then “batter in”

See on football manager but it’s easy to get a fee, don’t see how real life would be any different