*****Official Rangers vs PSV thread*****

graeme_4

4 minutes ago, CXB said:

It's all to play for and yes I watched it...what  do you expect me to say? We're still in it...perhaps think of that instead of trying to be a smarmy cunt.

Nah man.

I say it as I see and thats what I thought.

I've gave Beale the benefit of the dought but today was pathetic. He's gone negative to survive and give us a sniff. I've we qualify next week then I'm a cunt.

I'm bored watching us.

2 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

We should have nothing to fear going over there. They are good but certainly not unbeatable. 

There must be something in the back of their mind that fears our record at their ground. Won all 3 of our games there I believe.

Just now, JWAC said:

I didn't say the goal was Tav's fault. It's as clear as day Tav can't defend though, Goldson had to come out several times to clear and Beale has to find some way to fix it because good teams will take advantage. I think our biggest issue tonight and this season so far is passing, we're putting ourselves under pressure

Yeh but that’s going to happen when your only width comes from our full backs. It’s crucial that you have a mobile cdm who can slot in. Which we don’t.

Tav is always going to get caught up the park because of what we ask him to do offensively.

Agreed on the passing. We’re missing that Kamara (at his best) type calmness on the ball in the middle 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I’m more annoyed at Danilo not scoring than us conceding the most Luuk De Jong goal that Luuk De Jong’s ever scored 

Honestly think he kept it down because he had that horrendous miss against servette still on his mind.

Really didn’t like the performance. 

The pressing was awful - constantly going as individuals rather than a unit and, with the exception of Cantwell, nowhere near the required intensity when we did squeeze them. 

The space to get at Tav in particular was ridiculous and it was another Borna Backpost Masterclass for their goal. Plus such a cheap second goal to concede. 

Raskin was awful and the game passed Cifuentes by. Thankfully, Goldson, Souttar and Butland were on form. 

Im pleased for Matondo and hopefully this gives him confidence but fearing for next week.

Zero cohesion and still no idea what we’re aiming for in terms of playing style. I’m a backer of Beale but tonight wasn’t a great one in terms of proving he knows where he’s taking us.  

9 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Cantwell was a warrior again. Heart of a Lion

He was great. 

Absolutely mental tackle when your on a yellow, don't know how he got away with it, they are usually always yellows, even though they shouldn't be

Just now, SonicWill said:

The pressing was awful - constantly going as individuals rather than a unit and, with the exception of Cantwell, nowhere near the required intensity when we did squeeze them. 

The space to get at Tav in particular was ridiculous and it was another Borna Backpost Masterclass for their goal. Plus such a cheap second goal to concede. 

Raskin was awful and the game passed Cifuentes by. Thankfully, Goldson, Souttar and Butland were on form. 

Im pleased for Matondo and hopefully this gives him confidence but fearing for next week.

Zero cohesion and still no idea what we’re aiming for in terms of playing style. I’m a backer of Beale but tonight wasn’t a great one in terms of proving he knows where he’s taking us.  

Still well in the tie mate. Cheer up a bit.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

They were by far the best team tbf, glad to be in it still going into next week

They were better in possession maybe. They weren't the better team. Football is about chances and scoring goals and we definitely created more than them.

Don't see the criticism of Beale this evening. If we opened up to PSV they would have murdered us. We can't defend counters and they're at their strongest countering.

We limited a team who were being talked about for their attacking play to one superb chance that they took and set piece. I cant think of one incredible save Butland had to make. Our diamond worked really hard and protected the defence as much as possible

Like last week against Servette our ball retention is frustrating, it would be nice if we could keep it for a bit just to take a bit of pressure off. However when we do get our passing right and break the lines we can be really dangerous we created a couple of chances in the second half.

8 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Nah man.

I say it as I see and thats what I thought.

I've gave Beale the benefit of the dought but today was pathetic. He's gone negative to survive and give us a sniff. I've we qualify next week then I'm a cunt.

I'm bored watching us.

You were bored watching that game tonight? 

4 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

That's harsh mate.