*****The Official PSV Eindhoven v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

He would have been better on later when legs were a bit tired. We were not capable le of soaking pressure and hitting on break which I think was the plan. Biggest issue was midfield though.

Sorry but no. He had the full back on toast from the start whenever we could get him involved...which wasnt often as our midfield was hoachin. As i said if he didnt start we would have had no threat whatsoever. Cantwell was ineffective and Dessers did his usual fuck all plodding about with a sulky face throwing his hands up instead of actually challenging for the ball or contributing anything. It was clear from the first game they didnt like dealing with pace yet we start the most immobile lump we have up top fucking brilliant. 

Just now, IpswichGer said:

Might get slaughtered for this, but do people really think we are still a Champions League team?

I know it hurts, but I have accepted that you just cannot compete with the money flying around while we are an SPFL Club. 

Embarassing result in the end, but those still believing we have the right to be a force in the Champions League are living in the past.

Hoping we manage to pick up qualification money is a sad reflection of the times we now live in and that embarasses me in itself that it is the best we can hope for now, but believing we still have the right to compete due to our size and history is more embarassing to me. 

Until football becomes a more level playing field financially, we have no hope of being anything other than cannon fodder in that competition.

except psv will get battered in the champions league. They aint that good

Depressing as fuck

At least through my youth there was a feeling we could be an elite level club again with the right moves 

I don’t think anyone at the club genuinely believes we can be competitive in the Champions League ever again, we’re accepting of clubs like PSV building a Premier League level gap between us now

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The whole forum was saying Marseille was the harder tie tbf.

I thought that actually aswell, because I automatically thought they’d be worse without Gakpo, Madueke and Simons but their front line are better. So, it was ignorance not seeing who they got. Whereas Marseille finished second in France - decent league etc.

1 minute ago, IpswichGer said:

Might get slaughtered for this, but do people really think we are still a Champions League team?

I know it hurts, but I have accepted that you just cannot compete with the money flying around while we are an SPFL Club. 

Embarassing result in the end, but those still believing we have the right to be a force in the Champions League are living in the past.

Hoping we manage to pick up qualification money is a sad reflection of the times we now live in and that embarasses me in itself that it is the best we can hope for now, but believing we still have the right to compete due to our size and history is more embarassing to me. 

Until football becomes a more level playing field financially, we have no hope of being anything other than cannon fodder in that competition.

We should start by winning domestically, then worry about europe.

1 minute ago, IpswichGer said:

While it's true we would need a favourable draw to do anything in it, the idea that we shouldn't be qualifying is nuts.

Galatasary

Antwerp 

Braga

Copenhagen

Young Boys

The 5 other teams that made it through in the qualifiers. Aye we had the toughest draw but money isn't the reason we went out tonight, our shit signings/tactics are.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Yes true. That and we may have totally fucked up our recruitment, at least at a CL level.

For me, the CL has become an awful tournament. Only 6, maybe 8 teams can win it. Money has ruined the game.

I can't wait for the Europa draw now. Perspective is needed in times like this.

I know its a bit mental but I'm genuinely not that bothered about not making the champions league. We are nowhere near ready for that. Would be an utter humiliation, worse than last year. What's fucked me off today is the manner of our defeat. Absolutely toothless display, considering what we have spent on transfers. None of these new players look like they are even trying to impress. Dessers is fucking shite. Lammers constantly gets the ball trapped between his legs. Cifu looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Sterling is pish. Sima looks like he doesnt really want to be here. Butland has done great and danilo hasn't had much time tbh so he gets a bit of leeway. Our senior players aren't much better either. Entire back line has regressed massively. Raskin hasn't continued his form from the end of last season. Todd is trying like fuck but can't do it all himself.

So fucking dejected right now. We better fucking tank those cunts on sunday