*****The Official PSV Eindhoven v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

Not panicking yet.

I'll say I don't think Beales the right man for Rangers and hope I am proved wrong but some of his signings have done very little to get me excited. Butlands been very good and Danilo when he comes on looks up for it.

We are in the Europa Group stages and will have European football it's a tournament we got to a final in last time we competed in it so let's be slightly confident about that.

We have a huge game on Sunday and a win against that lot would give the support a huge boost in confidence for the season ahead

Let's be honest here PSV are better than us on the field and they outplayed us in every section of that pitch and wish them all the best in the CL. It was us this time last year celebrating a win into the group stages. Mental how football works.

48 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Not panicking yet.

I'll say I don't think Beales the right man for Rangers and hope I am proved wrong but some of his signings have done very little to get me excited. Butlands been very good and Danilo when he comes on looks up for it.

We are in the Europa Group stages and will have European football it's a tournament we got to a final in last time we competed in it so let's be slightly confident about that.

We have a huge game on Sunday and a win against that lot would give the support a huge boost in confidence for the season ahead

Let's be honest here PSV are better than us on the field and they outplayed us in every section of that pitch and wish them all the best in the CL. It was us this time last year celebrating a win into the group stages. Mental how football works.

Pretty much agree with all of that. That wasn't the same PSV as last year and it wasn't the same Rangers. PSV are week by week playing in a much stronger league and they finished 6 points above Ajax last year...sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up. Had we somehow got through, we were in for another chastening experience in the CL Group stages. Not the same glamour but better to be amongst those we know we can compete with.

3 hours ago, The Blues said:

Some good sides in the Europa league this season. If we don’t get our act together we will could be on the end of further hidings. Our manager has to make us difficult to beat at least.

Post Walter second time around we seem to have given up on the concept of putting a team out to keep things tight and scrape a narrow victory. 

Or had football changed and it's not possible to play like that anymore? I'm not sure. 

Either way PSV were very clearly better than us, we rode our luck in the first leg, we were very lucky last year to put them out, all that luck in our favour was bound to catch up with us eventually. We had to try and scrape a narrow 1-0, or else just keep it tight and maybe even play for pens. 

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

7 against 3 ffs Goldson and soutar 🙄

IMG_1598.jpeg

Gets worse when you see the video... its as if they are so focused trying to set an offside trap for the guy in front that they forget about the guy behind the line. 

5 hours ago, Smile said:

Beale was good at sniping from the side-line when Gio was the manager and did a lot of talking. Doesn't seem to have much more to offer bar that.

Isn’t he allowed that, though? 
I mean, he does have the words “Tactical Genius” first and foremost on his CV…

55 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Gets worse when you see the video... its as if they are so focused trying to set an offside trap for the guy in front that they forget about the guy behind the line. 

Comical defending, a comical OG…Jesus, I thought I’d  be somewhat over it today but the more I dwell on it the angrier I get. How can the same problems continue season after season and never get addressed?!

Boggles the mind.

Apologies. Duplicate post.

Because we have the same three individuals in our back line, two of whom we also expect to tank up the wings and put in crosses.

Top that with since Warburton, we seem to have stuck doggedly to a 433 shape with a few embellishments on occasion. Not for us a three at the back or a flooding the midfield.

1 hour ago, delparlane said:

Comical defending, a comical OG…Jesus, I thought I’d  be somewhat over it today but the more I dwell on it the angrier I get. How can the same problems continue season after season and never get addressed?!

Boggles the mind.

Because we have the same three individuals in our back line, two of whom we also expect to tank up the wings and put in crosses.

Top that with since Warburton, we seem to have stuck doggedly to a 433 shape with a few embellishments on occasion. Not for us a three at the back or a flooding the midfield.

8 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Couldn't believe it when @psb07158 said our wage budget is higher than theirs?

How can they produce that level of team on such a small wage budget? You'd genuinely be lucky to get 1 or 2 of our player into their starting XI.

Not sure about wage structure figures as our first team squad wages are far from what was quoted.  Also no idea how much they can afford in transfer fees compared to what we can pay.

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Not sure about wage structure figures as our first team squad wages are far from what was quoted.  Also no idea how much they can afford in transfer fees compared to what we can pay.

Was mentioned last night they also tend to bring youngsters thru their youth system and pitch them even in the big games. Forget who they were talking about.

29 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Was mentioned last night they also tend to bring youngsters thru their youth system and pitch them even in the big games. Forget who they were talking about.

Saibari is one of their young players although not sure from what age.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Aren't your two sentences a contradiction mate?

100% yeah.  Meant to say he's normally quite commanding but he won fuck all last night against De Jong in the box or longer balls or the occasional clearance from PSV in the middle of the park.  De Jong won everything.

24 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

100% yeah.  Meant to say he's normally quite commanding but he won fuck all last night against De Jong in the box or longer balls or the occasional clearance from PSV in the middle of the park.  De Jong won everything.

He was equally effective last year up until he had to go off injured, that just adds to the annoyance.  

We knew exactly the type of game he plays. 

4 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Think they said 22

I didn't mean what was his age, I meant I'm not sure how old he was when he was in their youth set up.  I've just seen that he joined PSV at 19 after being with Belgian clubs' youth teams (Anderlecht and Genk).   Those clubs must be kicking themselves now.