The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Because I think at 4 league games in after a rebuild we should give a bit more time to see if there’s an improvement.

And I’m genuinely worried about our options if he was replaced at this point in the season.

I think it’s more likely he turns this around than someone comes in now and turns the season around.

A LC win, good showing in the Europa and building momentum into the next game against them being the minimum acceptably

So we give him more time and he fails(which all the signs point to he will) then what? we have wasted any chance we have of salvaging the season, I am not prepared to write off another season for that fat smarmy sweaty scruffy cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Because I think at 4 league games in after a rebuild we should give a bit more time to see if there’s an improvement.

And I’m genuinely worried about our options if he was replaced at this point in the season.

I think it’s more likely he turns this around than someone comes in now and turns the season around.

A LC win, good showing in the Europa and building momentum into the next game against them being the minimum acceptably

Do you think he's capable of turning it round ?

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Do you think he's capable of turning it round ?

There’s a chance yes but he might not.

I think it’s more likely than not some of the players who haven’t been playing well will have an upturn in form. That should take care of things domestically for a while.

We’re a basket case of a club if we sack someone 4 league games in after giving them the guts of £15 million - I’m not convinced we’ll be an attractive option to any manager worth having at this point of the season and that worries me a bit more than giving Beale a bit more time. 

Just.

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So we give him more time and he fails(which all the signs point to he will) then what? we have wasted any chance we have of salvaging the season, I am not prepared to write off another season for that fat smarmy sweaty scruffy cunt. 

You want change without knowing what that change will be to.

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I can’t believe people actually think the board might sack him 

Two things.

Firstly, the board will consider that they have done their bit in allowing him to  build virtually a new team. They won’t want to see the millions spent going to waste with an under achieving manager. You don’t spend a packet on new tools and equipment and then watch as the tea boy keeps fucking it up.

And secondly, the totality of the response from the support is overwhelming. There have been failures before but usually a core of our support will want patience and more time. Not on this occasion. If the fans are not actually 100% unanimous on this, they must be bloody close to it.

Normally I’d agree with you but this feels different.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You want change without knowing what that change will be to.

Even if Beale starts winning I cannot watch his chronic football all season it is atrocious, there’s is absolutely nothing he can do to change my mind I want him gone and that’s it, I wanted gone after Rugby Park tbh. 

As supporters we have seen this so many times now and I think that’s why the reaction was so strongly negative at full time, guys like David Edgar are openly calling for a change and we all know how close Heart & Hand is with the club and even though most of the journalists in Scotland are hacks, most of them have been around for long enough to know how the land lies, especially in Glasgow.

I don’t think he will leave right now, the board will feel they have to support him after the way they have backed him, but we are 100% on the home stretch with him as our manager.

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

As supporters we have seen this so many times now and I think that’s why the reaction was so strongly negative at full time, guys like David Edgar are openly calling for a change and we all know how close Heart & Hand is with the club and even though most of the journalists in Scotland are hacks, most of them have been around for long enough to know how the land lies, especially in Glasgow.

I don’t think he will leave right now, the board will feel they have to support him after the way they have backed him, but we are 100% on the home stretch with him as our manager.

You just have to hope that, when the dust settles after the inevitable happens, there is still something to play for this season.

The monumental banana skin awaiting Beale is the Livingston LC tie. To lose that (if he’s still here) would be immediately terminal and I’d be looking for an exit speech while the players are still in the shower.

After seeing the fan reaction at the end of the game there is no chance he turns this round it looks like when rather than if. I hope we are decisive and there is another plan in place because hoping Beale wins the next big game doesn't fill me with confidence. He wasn't capable of making the necessary changes during the summer. the job is to big for him everyone can see it, just matters if the board will do what needs to be done. 

I doubt very much the board will sack him yet. After all they brought him in as our saviour and they backed him financially to bring in players he said we needed to bring us titles and Champions League improvement. To sack him now would be to admit they got it all horribly wrong and they won't admit that yet.

10 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

If we drop points against St Johnstone and Betis beat us comfortably, he'll be off, IMO. 

If we drop points against St Johnstone he shouldn’t even get back on the bus back down the road from Perth, Should just fuck off immediately.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Two things.

Firstly, the board will consider that they have done their bit in allowing him to  build virtually a new team. They won’t want to see the millions spent going to waste with an under achieving manager. You don’t spend a packet on new tools and equipment and then watch as the tea boy keeps fucking it up.

And secondly, the totality of the response from the support is overwhelming. There have been failures before but usually a core of our support will want patience and more time. Not on this occasion. If the fans are not actually 100% unanimous on this, they must be bloody close to it.

Normally I’d agree with you but this feels different.

This , is why they won't , and while I also agree about your second point , having sold out STs , there isnt the same urgency to act , so I think the board will wait it out and hope things settle down after the initial anger.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't  get the Europa group stages and the next c....c game to see where we are.  

25 minutes ago, gmcf said:

This , is why they won't , and while I also agree about your second point , having sold out STs , there isnt the same urgency to act , so I think the board will wait it out and hope things settle down after the initial anger.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't  get the Europa group stages and the next c....c game to see where we are.  

He'll be here after the break. I honestly don't see him being here by the 2nd old firm.

The argument from the board will be the usual needs time and not wanting it to be knee jerk reaction. 

The issue is but Beale has been here several months and his big game record is horrendous. We are still wondering what he's trying to do tactically. Then the rebuild how can we be confident in our new signings when Beale doesn't appear confident using them in vital games. 9 signings this summer and Beale only started 3 in the last 2 games. 

I only see this getting worse if he's left in charge. Our support is very much unanimous he's got to go. The next set of dropped points and it will get a lot worse.