Rangers to "majorly overhaul" scouting department.

Loyal72

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Completely different things. 

Our scouting department was desperately needing an overhaul.

While true, should've been done before letting a relatively inexperienced manager have a crack at spending £15m.

Just opens them up for the shots now as well as Beale.

Overhauling the scouting department doesn't fix the fact they allowed a 6month manager to pick his own players to spunk 15mill on

And if our scouting dept said that dessers and lammers would be good high cost purchases rhenywe should burn them at the fucking stake

3 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Got to assume this means the board have decided to move forward without appointing a Sporting Director / Director of Football.

Would be madness to undertake an “overhaul” of a department we are planning on bringing someone in to oversee. 

Or hopefully we have somebody lined up 

46 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Or hopefully we have somebody lined up 

There is a scenario where the inaction on Beale (either publicly backing him or sacking him) and now this reshuffle is because there is an appointment imminent of someone whose remit will be to oversee all of it (call that job title whatever you want); and their first direction from the board is to sack Beale and appoint a new manager with the process of speaking to candidates already underway.

From bitter experience of recent years I just don’t think that is happening and we are going to start this overhaul of scouting, not have someone who has the knowledge or skills to oversee our entire footballing operation, let Beale struggle on for another couple of months until the league is effectively out of reach, sack Beale and bring someone new in who will be the easy / most talked about candidate within the fan base and then find ourselves in exactly the same position in 12 months time…

Hopefully that is just me being overly pessimistic and I am going to be pleasantly surprised when we actually start operating like the major football club we are.

What the fuck does this even mean? 

How in the fuck have we been scouting players up till now? 

The big data and video stuffs been around for years now, are we seriously behind the times in not using all that? I thought we'd been talking about overhauls in all this even back in Warburtons time, so what 7 or 8 years ago? 

Warburton era I thought this was sorted, Pedro was something of a laptop/ PowerPoint manager, Gerrard was supposed to have introduced stuff from the very top of the game... What in the fuck is going on? 

We are a complete and utter joke at times, and have been for sadly a long time now. 

And they're admitting they just gave beale money to spend.... FUCKING HELL... A committee on here would've worked out a better way of spending cracking on £15m.... JESUS FUCKING WEPT.