“Up to our knees in fenian blood”

GOAT

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm not holding interviews before Tav lines up to take a last minute penalty, if I knew the person beside me was a nationalist I wouldn't give them a lick of my shite, it's not hard to understand my view despite how hard you try, if you are a nationalist then please fuck off and don't communicate with me again on here, again, not a hard thing to do. 

But what if I’m not and I’m just making you look daft? 
nobody holds the rights over who should support our team. We are all bears. 

Any Rangers supporter who votes for these Republican bastards should have a long hard look at themselves. Just listen to the shite that they spout and then ask yourself of that’s the values that you were brought up with. To boo the national anthem of any country is crass and undignified. To boo the national anthem of your own country is just downright fucking sick. They’re a shower of corrupt bastards and their day of reckoning is coming.

2 hours ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

If someone called you and your lot that you'd try and get them done for a hate crime :lol:

Listen son, you are no Rangers fan and you never will be.

You still haven’t explained who ‘my lot’ and ‘cult’ are. Do you actually know?

And buying a season ticket for 38 years for myself and 6 years for my sons and going to see us all over Scotland, to England and the continent suggests I am.

And there’s also a fair chance I’m older than you.

Tbh, I thought you might have changed a wee bit in your latest reincarnation on this forum, but nah, still an angry wee man.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, and that’s ok. It’s what I am. Not sure if you have a point, but feel free to share if you do 👍

Is starting arguments your sole purpose on here? Certainly seems that way. Tedious cunt of a boy. 

14 minutes ago, josmc said:

……… To boo the national anthem of your own country is just downright fucking sick. They’re a shower of corrupt bastards and their day of reckoning is coming.

Did they also boo the Scottish national anthem?   Geez what’s going on in this country. Imagine Scottish fans booing the Scottish national anthem. Sickening 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Is starting arguments your sole purpose on here? Certainly seems that way. Tedious cunt of a boy. 

What the fuck are you on about? :lol: The guy posted absolute nonsense and @left winger and many others called him out on it. 

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Think it’s absolutely fine to support Rangers and support independence. I don’t personally.

But no idea how any Rangers fan can be a supporter of the SNP.

Countless MPs openly or not so openly hate us.

And as an aside, I think the events of 2012 would have looked very differently if it was celtic. We weren’t given any support or political help behind the scenes in the way that Salmond worked to help save Hearts.

Whilst down South there was a strong will from the government owned RBS not to put Liverpool into administration. 

A majority of that core SNP membership I’d imagine would love us to go under.

Salmond did initially come out and say they would try and offer help .Lieswell put his gas at a peep .Plenty was done  behind the scenes to help Hearts though .They were technically insolvent towards the end of the season (2014 I think ) they should have been in administration and would have been relegated .The following season they knew they were going to be relegated and built a team ready for the championship .Hearts fans I know brag about the dodgy handshakes done behind the scenes in George St hotels . 

41 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm not sure if you understand or not, but on forums such as this discussions, differences of opinion, arguments, etc are allowed. If you would prefer an echo chamber, that's up to you.

If you see Rangers as a loyalist, unionist, royalist, protestant, British football club, that's up to you, and is a perfectly valid viewpoint, and not one I would argue against.

That's not how I see Rangers, and it's not how four young lads saw it, either, is it?

14 hours ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

I'm usually pretty optimistic but I'm almost certain that we are a couple of stages away from the SNP implementing a system of political oppression akin to the red terror in Soviet Russia. Make no mistake that's what they'll do to anyone that doesn't buy into their ideology.

Chairman Mao would blush at this party.

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did they also boo the Scottish national anthem?   Geez what’s going on in this country. Imagine Scottish fans booing the Scottish national anthem. Sickening 

Tbh, I'd boo every national anthem. They're all shite - except the Welsh one. We should all just play that one.

I've been mulling this over in my head since last night when @GabrielTomato asked me about it tbh

As a general stance, I don't particularly care about fans booing national anthems. I went to a Pak v India cricket game and booed theirs like fuck. It's part of the rivalry and I get that for some, it's beyond the level they'd go, but for me I'm going to absolutely leverage any and every opportunity to get one over them. My best pal is Indian. My grandad was technically Indian, I have absolutely nothing against Indian people but when we play them , I hate them more than I hate celtic.  

But reflecting on that, Scotland v England is not the same as the rivalry above, not anymore. We're part of the same country, and the majority of this country still prefers it that way. Most of the business world is more connected across the UK than it ever has been. We regularly work with English colleagues and many of us work across borders while living remotely in Scotland. The whole "it's just banter" argument doesn't fly here - particularly in the context of them singing 'lizzy's in a box' which is sad and pathetic. I just wish they'd be more open and honest about it, instead of trying to hide behind the 'banter' argument.

I agree with what @McEwan's Lager posted in the other thread - it's up to the SFA to ensure that the National team is one that can be followed by everyone. Explicitly outward expressions of political beliefs in a hugely divided country shouldn't be allowed at matches. 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I've been mulling this over in my head since last night when @GabrielTomato asked me about it tbh

As a general stance, I don't particularly care about fans booing national anthems. I went to a Pak v India cricket game and booed theirs like fuck. It's part of the rivalry and I get that for some, it's beyond the level they'd go, but for me I'm going to absolutely leverage any and every opportunity to get one over them. My best pal is Indian. My grandad was technically Indian, I have absolutely nothing against Indian people but when we play them , I hate them more than I hate celtic.  

But reflecting on that, Scotland v England is not the same as the rivalry above, not anymore. We're part of the same country, and the majority of this country still prefers it that way. Most of the business world is more connected across the UK than it ever has been. We regularly work with English colleagues and many of us work across borders while living remotely in Scotland. The whole "it's just banter" argument doesn't fly here - particularly in the context of them singing 'lizzy's in a box' which is sad and pathetic. I just wish they'd be more open and honest about it, instead of trying to hide behind the 'banter' argument.

I agree with what @McEwan's Lager posted in the other thread - it's up to the SFA to ensure that the National team is one that can be followed by everyone. Explicitly outward expressions of political beliefs in a hugely divided country shouldn't be allowed at matches. 

Excuse me