“Up to our knees in fenian blood”

GOAT

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

You are not making me look daft in any way though, if you are a nationalist I don't regard you as a Rangers fan, that's my view, if you don't like that then tough shit, it's just becoming repetitive now just like every thread on this subject, vast majority of our support would agree with my opinion, that's very evident to anyone who actually attends games, vast majority of this forum hate nationalists, if you are indeed a nationalist I don't wish to have anymore dealings with you as I regard you to be a cunt. 

:lol:

21 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

You are not making me look daft in any way though, if you are a nationalist I don't regard you as a Rangers fan, that's my view, if you don't like that then tough shit, it's just becoming repetitive now just like every thread on this subject, vast majority of our support would agree with my opinion, that's very evident to anyone who actually attends games, vast majority of this forum hate nationalists, if you are indeed a nationalist I don't wish to have anymore dealings with you as I regard you to be a cunt. 

But as I’m not a nationalist I can still be a cunt though, correct?

and if I was and held a season ticket for nearly 40yr attending home and away and Europe when (I can ) and yet you would still deem me not a Rangers supporter?  

it’s a funny old world 🤣🤣🤣🤣

as you say you are entitled to your opinion as are many others. 
I do hope to interact with you anonymously on a Rangers forum in the future, that is unless I’m a nationalist. 

52 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I've been mulling this over in my head since last night when @GabrielTomato asked me about it tbh

As a general stance, I don't particularly care about fans booing national anthems. I went to a Pak v India cricket game and booed theirs like fuck. It's part of the rivalry and I get that for some, it's beyond the level they'd go, but for me I'm going to absolutely leverage any and every opportunity to get one over them. My best pal is Indian. My grandad was technically Indian, I have absolutely nothing against Indian people but when we play them , I hate them more than I hate celtic.  

But reflecting on that, Scotland v England is not the same as the rivalry above, not anymore. We're part of the same country, and the majority of this country still prefers it that way. Most of the business world is more connected across the UK than it ever has been. We regularly work with English colleagues and many of us work across borders while living remotely in Scotland. The whole "it's just banter" argument doesn't fly here - particularly in the context of them singing 'lizzy's in a box' which is sad and pathetic. I just wish they'd be more open and honest about it, instead of trying to hide behind the 'banter' argument.

I agree with what @McEwan's Lager posted in the other thread - it's up to the SFA to ensure that the National team is one that can be followed by everyone. Explicitly outward expressions of political beliefs in a hugely divided country shouldn't be allowed at matches. 

I saw you had tagged me in here and I thought you were going to do me dirty.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

But as I’m not a nationalist I can still be a cunt though, correct?

and if I was and held a season ticket for nearly 40yr attending home and away and Europe when (I can ) and yet you would still deem me not a Rangers supporter?  

it’s a funny old world 🤣🤣🤣🤣

as you say you are entitled to your opinion as are many others. 
I do hope to interact with you anonymously on a Rangers forum in the future, that is unless I’m a nationalist. 

I suppose you can be a nationalist and like Rangers, but it must be strange no?

Singing along to unionist songs, along with 99.9% of those around you who are quite vocally pro-unionist and pro-monarchy.

Do you sit quiet? Do you sing along? Must be an odd experience.

13 hours ago, SonicWill said:

Fuck off with this gatekeeping nonsense.

Independence supporting Rangers fans have just as much right to support the club as you. Away and choke on your bile.

Do they fuck.  They go against everything this club stands for.  Any independence supporting rangers “fan” can go and fuck themselves.  Your no fellow supporter of mine.  

Just now, GOAT said:

Do they fuck.  They go against everything this club stands for.  Any independence supporting Rangers “fan” can go and fuck themselves.  Your no fellow supporter of mine.  

Everyone is entitled to their own choice. I feel in an ideal world politics and football should be completely seperate.

But fuck me I dont know how you could be a Rangers supporter and vote SNP. The poison they spout against the UK is a total embarrassment and thats before you go into the clear anti-Rangers stuff.

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I suppose you can be a nationalist and like Rangers, but it must be strange no?

Singing along to unionist songs, along with 99.9% of those around you who are quite vocally pro-unionist and pro-monarchy.

Do you sit quiet? Do you sing along? Must be an odd experience.

I sing Rangers songs loud and proud. 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

There’s a bit more to this than them simply just hiding it all behind a bit of banter though 

When you remember all these sound bites are from the very same political party who pushed forward a bill designed to put criminal charges on folk singing “offensive” songs at football games . 

now we have the same members of said party coming out and laughing while telling us “och it’s only a bit of banter at the game” . 

Would have been better if a journalist with an actual spine had asked about the Harry Kane chants, that one couldn't be brushed off as banter. Or indeed the chants about the queen, as someone had highlighted earlier. The Kane one would easily fall foul of some of the laws up here though, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

There’s a bit more to this than them simply just hiding it all behind a bit of banter though 

When you remember all these sound bites are from the very same political party who pushed forward a bill designed to put criminal charges on folk singing “offensive” songs at football games . 

now we have the same members of said party coming out and laughing while telling us “och it’s only a bit of banter at the game” . 

Exactly it’s the bare faced hypocrisy of these nationalist cunts 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did they also boo the Scottish national anthem?   Geez what’s going on in this country. Imagine Scottish fans booing the Scottish national anthem. Sickening 

Last time I looked God save the King was the national anthem of the United Kingdom, which thankfully still includes Scotland. So aye they did boo their own National Anthem.