*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

Enjoyed the game last night. Felt like it was one of the first big games where our players didn't look like deer in headlights. 

Shock horror that it came when he played with more natural width in the team. Shame he didn't spend £11m on wingers instead.

23 home wins in the Europa since 2017.

Progres (twice) Schupki, Maribor, Ufa, Rapid Vienna, St Josephs, Midtjylland, Legia Warsaw, Feyenoord, Porto, Braga (twice), Galatasaray, Lech Poznan, Standard Liege, Antwerp, Alashkert, Brondby, Sparta Prague, Red Star, Leipzig and Betis all beaten.

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

We’d have taken Slavia earlier in the season as well imo. Lost our heads on the night, and switched off after winning the league.

Villareal at home always sticks out for me too . There was a mad decision to send off Candeias right on half time for a second booking when he was nothing to do with the challenge  . Think we were still the better team on the night and would have got the win with 11

sure Grezda missed a sitter right at the end against Moscow aswell in that group 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Villareal at home always sticks out for me too . There was a mad decision to send off Candeias right on half time for a second booking when he was nothing to do with the challenge  . Think we were still the better team on the night and would have got the win with 11

sure Grezda missed a sitter right at the end against Moscow aswell in that group 

There was a couple of sitters against Moscow iirc, got a feeling Coulibaly missed one too

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Was quite a strange game.

Iirc their fitness coach was interim manager.

Was the Ibrox game after the 4-3 over there ? 

think both teams approached the game a bit more on edge after that game . Defensive howlers galore over there from both sides

could be talking shite though if I have remembered wrong and the games were the other way about :lol:

Was the Ibrox game after the 4-3 over there ? 

think both teams approached the game a bit more on edge after that game . Defensive howlers galore over there from both sides

could be talking shite though if I have remembered wrong and the games were the other way about :lol:

Played them at home first.

Wee bit inexperience and lack of quality cost us at Ibrox. They set up for a draw and we constantly caved in and gave them cheap fouls which killed any real rhythm.

I watched the first half of the away game in Walkabout but had a show at the Pavillion. Booked it the day after we lost 5-0 at Parkhead and never in a million years imagined we would be in the group stages 5 months later 😂 

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Played them at home first.

Wee bit inexperience and lack of quality cost us at Ibrox. They set up for a draw and we constantly caved in and gave them cheap fouls which killed any real rhythm.

I watched the first half of the away game in Walkabout but had a show at the Pavillion. Booked it the day after we lost 5-0 at Parkhead and never in a million years imagined we would be in the group stages 5 months later 😂 

I remember thinking Maribor would possibly be a step too far when we got them in the qualifiers :lol:

21 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Positive we had a late goal chopped off against Villarreal, i think it was Middleton that scored it 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Leverkusen was a lesson, slavia was us cantering to the title and struggled to pick up for decent opponents, lyon was the first signs that gerrards reign was going downhill fast, we were rotten that night 

Gerrard absolutely chucked it against Lyon that night, spent the whole build up bigging up how they were a Champions League team then we went out and played like we were beat before we even kicked off. Was the only Europa home game where we were pretty pathetic and didn’t put up any fight 

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Gerrard absolutely chucked it against Lyon that night, spent the whole build up bigging up how they were a Champions League team then we went out and played like we were beat before we even kicked off. Was the only Europa home game where we were pretty pathetic and didn’t put up any fight 

It’s mad looking back . When we lost our first two games of that group I can mind thinking I was content to sacrifice Europe regardless and focus on retaining the title . Probably find posts of me saying something along those lines on here :lol: 

7 month later we are in the final of the thing 

It’s mad looking back . When we lost our first two games of that group I can mind thinking I was content to sacrifice Europe regardless and focus on retaining the title . Probably find posts of me saying something along those lines on here :lol: 

7 month later we are in the final of the thing 

Sparta away was a train wreck, somehow escaped with a 1-0 loss and felt like it could’ve been about 10. How we made a final after the way our first 4 European ties went that season I’ll never know 

8 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Sparta away was a train wreck, somehow escaped with a 1-0 loss and felt like it could’ve been about 10. How we made a final after the way our first 4 European ties went that season I’ll never know 

The group stages and knockout rounds seems like two different teams and seasons when you think of them, it’s hard to place them together .

I know there was a manger change but we were bang average in the Groups to fearing no cunt in the knockout rounds