*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

22 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

If you compare goodwill towards Beale as like a bank account then he is well in to his over draft. A win reduces his overdraft slightly, but he still remains over drawn.

To be fair, that statement (and pretty accurate it is) probably applies to 25% of managers around the world. The problem we've got is the tin pot nature of our domestic league. Wins against anyone from 3rd to bottom are taken for granted, where even wins are slated unless it's a 4-0 or 5-0 pumping. Add the 'lost' years to the mix and we are expected to win everything in sight. A few years ago, we started to pull off some minor miracles in Europe.....4 qualifying rounds etc....we came through and we made the group stages when most were delerious we'd qualified. Overachievement created a millstone....then we did it again and won the league as well....then we got to Seville....heady days and great fun while it lasted. There was always going to be a downer and it coincided with an overdue rebuild. Last night, Beale got a tune out of a selection that would have worried a lot of people (me included) and for me, he earned a fair bit of credit for the way he handled the post match presser. Praise for the players, humble about himself "what's not to like, I've got one of the best jobs in the world, Manager of Rangers Football club"

You never know what you miss until it's gone. Throw me a thousand names and there's no telling they'll be any better but for sure, there is little chance they'll understand what it means to be Rangers more than MB does. Long live the King!

7 hours ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Just home from work and seen it. 90’ reactions…

- Matondo should only play league games 

- Lammers should only play Euro games 

- Butland should get the armband 

- Ibrox is a fucking palace 

Matondo was awful again - terrible footballer 

38 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I think there deffo something to 1 and 2. Over the last 30/40 years if Rangers play Betis or any other Spanish side in Europe, we are not winning. Beating a La Liga side  when you play in Scotland is a pretty big deal. But I don't think the atmosphere at full time reflected that.

It was a group stage game and the first one , still lots of work to be done 

we aren’t going to be singing and dancing to I’m feeling it like it was the Dortmund game or Leipzig for obvious reasons 

the atmosphere was fine and the crowd responded positively once we started making our mark in the game and getting on the front foot 

14 minutes ago, mus said:

Fuck me the BBC have the players ratings and have the worst Betis player with a higher rating than the best one of ours!

Wee gollum must be in a rage, no recovered fae the other night. Our winning is their torture.

IMG_8970.jpeg

Much better performance last night although there was some nervy moments. We still need to be more clinical in the final 3rd but it's a big step in the right direction. 

Was surprised to see how empty it got before the final whistle, big game and we should've shown our appreciation. Music at full time was shit compared to the bouncing crowd to "I'm feeling it". 

11 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Much better performance last night although there was some nervy moments. We still need to be more clinical in the final 3rd but it's a big step in the right direction. 

Was surprised to see how empty it got before the final whistle, big game and we should've shown our appreciation. Music at full time was shit compared to the bouncing crowd to "I'm feeling it". 

I’m feeling it has been over used.

It should be saved for the proper big occasions otherwise it will be ruined.

4 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’m feeling it has been over used.

It should be saved for the proper big occasions otherwise it will be ruined.

It’s not really. Been used for the Seville run knockout games apart from Red Star, a game against Celtic and a game against Hibs. It’s been used perfectly in all honesty.