*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

47 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Also it was a real shame VAR wasn’t introduced to the Europa until 2020. Had a perfectly good Morelos goal chopped off and we would have went into half time 4-2 up.

You say that but VAR saw a perfectly good Kent goal chopped off which robbed us of a second win v Dortmund 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Leverkusen was a lesson, slavia was us cantering to the title and struggled to pick up for decent opponents, lyon was the first signs that gerrards reign was going downhill fast, we were rotten that night 

Imagine if someone told you when pedro lost to progres on aggregate that we'd reach another final, come out the groups another twice on the bounce before then, and out of 33 home EL games only lose 3

You'd have them sectioned in the loony bin lol

The first sign was Malmo home. I’ll never forgive Gerrard for that. I’m certain after that night he was out the door as soon as he could get out.

13 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Shoutout for Ben Davies, best game in a Rangers shirt. Probably helped they were powderpuff up front.

Nowhere near as bad as folk make out. His price tag is his main issue.

He’s had a couple of high profile mistakes, as is standard with all our defenders, but is comfortable on the ball and wins a surprising amount in the air.

He’d be my first pick in defence. 

Delighted with win. A flat nervy first 35 mins and then a decent few moves seem to spark us for final 10 mins of half. Thought the 2nd half we took game to them more and looked the team most likely to score.  Despite the chances they had I never really felt like any were really gilt edged apart from that one header. The rest were save that I felt Butland should be making.

Still a work in progress tho and much to improve on. Some real slack passing and control some times that put us in self inflicted trouble. 

But considering where we are at moment, last night was a definite step in right direction. Here’s hoping we build some belief and momentum now.

49 minutes ago, beararse said:

Nowhere near as bad as folk make out. His price tag is his main issue.

He’s had a couple of high profile mistakes, as is standard with all our defenders, but is comfortable on the ball and wins a surprising amount in the air.

He’d be my first pick in defence. 

Think he’s pivotal to our season tbh.  

Ok, he hasn’t done much to endear himself to the fans thus far, however if he can settle down and deliver the kind of performance he was brought for then I reckon we’ll be so much better for it and the team will have a solid base of him, Goldson & Butland  

The fuk ups & injuries are hopefully behind him and he’s now had the vital settling in period that even some of our best ever signings have needed. 

14 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

I hope Lawrence is ok and not out again. He makes us a much better football team. Possibly our best player.

Got a lot of time for him but he wasn't great last night. To be expected after so long out to an extent, but we need him at it for the big games.