Anyone know the story about our Kitman leaving.

Bears r us

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

"I'm a great believer you can never have enough football people around the place.

"I look at the likes - and the most recent example would be Todd Boehly at Chelsea - coming in and not having any football knowledge around him and they made loads of mistakes.

"Ed Woodward at Man Utd after Fergie left he was making all the big football calls and look how well they did with that.

"Look at Mohshiri at Everton, they had Ellis Short at Sunderland and Mel Morris at Derby, there is a whole litany of smart people going into football clubs and not getting it right.

"But I wish them all the best. This is my team.

Can't help but agree with the above.

Who are the football people the tarriers employ in senior positions? 

9 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

James Bowie never saw an all seated stadium.

Alan Morton never flew abroad with the team in an Aeroplane.

Willie Waddell never knew what pay per view tv was.

The club that these fantastic guys worked for has vastly changed into a major international business with worldwide income.

In 2023 we need proven business leaders with a track record of success behind them.

There is a place for sentimentality in corporate lounges and fan interfaces, but we need experienced managers and directors to manage and direct.

Now do Franz Beckenbauer, Uli Hoeness, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Edwin van der Sar and come back to me.

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And what CEO qualities does souness have over someone who isnt a fan

Or even the DoF role? 

I'm not saying Souness should come in an become CEO. All I'm suggesting is that if we had people that know the club and what it's about, it may help us in the current state we find ourselves in.

7 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

James Bowie never saw an all seated stadium.

Alan Morton never flew abroad with the team in an Aeroplane.

Willie Waddell never knew what pay per view tv was.

The club that these fantastic guys worked for has vastly changed into a major international business with worldwide income.

In 2023 we need proven business leaders with a track record of success behind them.

There is a place for sentimentality in corporate lounges and fan interfaces, but we need experienced managers and directors to manage and direct.

I agree with most of that. You need experienced businessmen these days to deal with the operations, but ex-players should represent the club as global ambassadors. I know Hately has left and maybe Gough & Brown as well.

You need legends around the club in some capacity for their football brains. 

18 hours ago, B1872 said:

Club is just a fucking mess and has been for a while. Seems like splits between the people running the club and players not to mention at boardroom level. Shit never ends!

We are going no where with this board, squad everyone at the club is fucking slacking big time and as long as the mugs turn up (us) it's fine because we keep fuelling them with our hard earned money.

52 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with most of that. You need experienced businessmen these days to deal with the operations, but ex-players should represent the club as global ambassadors. I know Hately has left and maybe Gough & Brown as well.

Brown has a senior position in our scouting department afaik.  

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Now do Franz Beckenbauer, Uli Hoeness, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Edwin van der Sar and come back to me.

You're holding Kaiser Franz up as a shining example for what actually? He's a corrupt cunt who lines his own pockets.

In June 2014, Beckenbauer was banned by FIFA Ethics Committee for 90 days from any football-related activity for allegedly refusing to cooperate with an inquiry into corruption dealing with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups to Russia and Qatar.[19] He protested the ban, as he had requested the questions that were put to him be in German and in writing. The ban was lifted after Beckenbauer agreed to participate in FIFA's inquiry. In February 2016, Beckenbauer was fined CHF 7,000 and warned by FIFA Ethics Committee for failing to cooperate with the inquiry in 2014.

In March 2016, the Ethics Committee opened formal proceedings against Beckenbauer regarding the awarding of the 2006 FIFA World Cup to Germany.

In October 2019, Black Mirror Leaks published email correspondence of Russian member of Parliament, Sergey Kapkov, where Beckenbauer and his adviser, Fedor Radmann, were named as recipients of €3 million for their votes in favour of Russia as host of the 2018 World Cup. Both allegedly received an additional €1.5 million in success fees after the 2018 cup was allocated to Russia.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

But they are stepping into existing positions, in hugely successful clubs, which will have an infrastructure already in place to keep the club in its current position and continually attract investment. I don’t think Edwin van der Sar ever called up Molton Brown to sort out cheap shower gel deals for MyAjax members.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Absolutely not for their football brains, the game has moved on massively since these legends played or had anything to do with top level game, 

Tav is the prime example, these legends and their football brains would never get round to a fullback whos better attacking than defending (i hate it as well tbh) or ball playing centre halves that cant heeder a ball etc 

Fine having them as ambassador roles etc, meet and greet at stadiums for big shots or whatever, but absolutely nowhere near the footballing side unless they have been in the game the last few years 

8 hours ago, Gman36 said:

How much extra has he brought in? What else has he done beyond that? 

To be the head of Rangers all you need to be is to be moderately successful in business/ commercial development? 

You clearly don't like the guy and I've no idea what your reason is but you can't ignore the massive increase in our commercial revenue since he arrived at Ibrox.   He's made mistakes but he's certainly improved our income.  

6 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

We are a complete shambles from top to bottom. Few rumours floating about that Bisgrove is reluctant to employ Rangers fans into high positions, how the fuck can that be a smart move?

All the investment that has went into Blue Sky Lounge and I know two companies already chucking it for next year because the service has been abysmal. A company ran by absolute morons from the top down.

Rumours, that's the problem.   

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

You clearly don't like the guy and I've no idea what your reason is but you can't ignore the massive increase in our commercial revenue since he arrived at Ibrox.   He's made mistakes but he's certainly improved our income.  

Can you quantify they massive increase in commercial revenue? And how has that impacted our bottom line? 

If he is responsible for that it is to be commended. But again, that would be a commendable result for a commercial director. That isn't what I'd expect the main positive to be for the person running our club. 

I didn't like him as soon as I heard him speak in that interview with Boyd that was on sky before a game a while back. Which unfortunately is how I've felt about almost everyone running our club for well over a decade now. Which is a really shite situation.