Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The biggest factor today, at least after Lundstram, was probably his line up and in game management choices.

Worrying because that’s fuck all about not having his own players.

What will probably be one of his biggest signings in Diomande bas also been well off the standard needed.

I'm sure you've said it for a while, but equally as worrying is nobody has really seen a style or way of football under him. We don't really have an identity. I'm hoping that's just down to poor players and him being unable to implement that but I would have hoped to have seen something by now showing where we're going. 

I'll still stand by him. I think it's mental to even contemplate getting rid of him but there are worrying signs and 3 wins in the last 8 league games or something surely has to give him some portion of the blame.

37 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How’s our record since that Motherwell game mate?

Poor mate, but I blame the players far more than Phil, surely we have seen how they react to pressure long enough to understand where the biggest problem is.

I am angry and disappointed today the same as everyone else, but I feel Phil needs to be given better players with a better mental outlook before we say he is not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He needs to clear 90% of them out

Agreed , but easier said than done. That's Them £40-60M richer today after our usual bottle crashing antics against County and Dundee effectively handed Them the Champions League spot. We are scurrying around like weans at a wedding scramble in comparison. Whilst Clement did well to get a bit of improvement initially out of the serial losers that make up our squad, as we have all witnessed, they have reverted to type with a vengeance. We are looking at an almost complete rebuild of the squad with very limited finances compared to that Mhob who as painful as it is to admit, are already miles ahead of us and now have money to burn, even with the potential millions on compensation payments they may have to make with regard to the issue that the media in Scotland do not want to talk about.

PC may be a very decent manager, but he is not, despite the claims of some, a miracle worker, and I am afraid we may be looking at another long spell of complete domination by that Scum. Depressing as fuck I know, but what else can we expect after watching that today?

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Which in game management choices did he get wrong today? 

Seriously? He needs to put his personal opinions of Cantwell to the side. He should have started, or at least come on before Wright or McCausland. We had a game to win. In-house confrontations should not affect team selection.

9 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

I don't think there is a manager on the planet who could do anything with the lovers we have in this team.

You are probably right, but we are unlikey to have the funds to change the team.

So do we change the manager, or just hope it might all click?

If PC was finishing as well as he started, I'd be fully behind him, but  he isn't.

So do we give him the next transfer window and then bin him in September ?

Or do we bite the bullet now, and give the next manger the transfer window?

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Seriously? He needs to put his personal opinions of Cantwell to the side. He should have started, or at least come on before Wright or McCausland. We had a game to win. In-house confrontations should not affect team selection.

There was no place for Cantwell today after Lundstram got himself sent off.

We needed hard work on the park, not Cantwell losing it up the park, greetin' about it and leaving us with even less numbers back. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm sure you've said it for a while, but equally as worrying is nobody has really seen a style or way of football under him. We don't really have an identity. I'm hoping that's just down to poor players and him being unable to implement that but I would have hoped to have seen something by now showing where we're going. 

I'll still stand by him. I think it's mental to even contemplate getting rid of him but there are worrying signs and 3 wins in the last 8 league games or something surely has to give him some portion of the blame.

How can he have an identity, it akin to ten haag problem at man u, stuck with players not good enough 3 or 4 bosses ago, 

We need a clean break from everything in the past 5 years, they haven't been and never will be consistently good enough or mentally strong enough

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We all myself included admire him for the way he carries himself but the football bar 2 or 3 games has been shocking and I’m not convinced he’ll have the money to massively improve the quality of player.

There’s no viable alternative but to back him though.

Just now, King Jela said:

There was no place for Cantwell today after Lundstram got himself sent off.

We needed hard work on the park, not Cantwell losing it up the park, greetin' about it and leaving us with even less numbers back. 

There is no place for Cantwell, but there is for Raskin, McCausland and Wright after Lundstram went off? Ok.

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He's tried to keep the team on side as they battled for the title, now that they've fucked it again he will be looking to win the cup but he will also be starting the clearcut.

Yes I agree, I just felt there was a slight change in how he spoke there. As you say he still has a cup final to play, but I think there was a hint that he knows many are not good enough.

My fear is that he does not have the money to clear out the players who need to go, but hopefully I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There is no place for Cantwell, but there is for Raskin, McCausland and Wright after Lundstram went off? Ok.

All of whom put a shift in.

I don't blame him at all for not trusting Cantwell. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

There was a shape/structure today, we tried to go man for man in the middle. Whether it worked or not we can debate but we had a game plan.

It definitely didn't work, the only time we looked dangerous in that first half was when we were launching diagonals into their box, they were passing the ball through us for fun before Lundstram got sent off, we had our moments and I thought Silva gave Johnston his hardest Old Firm game, but I don't think the shape or structure worked, not having the personnel didn't help though.

7 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

How can he have an identity, it akin to ten haag problem at man u, stuck with players not good enough 3 or 4 bosses ago, 

We need a clean break from everything in the past 5 years, they haven't been and never will be consistently good enough or mentally strong enough

I still think you can see a style being implemented mate. I know the personnel are 90% of the problem but the personnel we have is good enough to see a style being implemented against Dundee, Ross county, Motherwell etc.

Hate saying it, but look at them under Ange's first season. At the beginning they were dropping points but they could all see what he was trying to do. Inverted full backs, high press etc. 

Again, Clement has done well and I'm still behind him but it's felt like just getting over the line for ages without seeing a s

He stuck with the same system despite obviously having players not capable of performing it well. It was obvious before the game, and he's had long enough to come up with a plan b for today.

Really fucked off with him for today.

But whilst he's got to take a share of the blame the ficus will rightly be in Lundstram who cost us it today.

10 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Agreed , but easier said than done. That's Them £40-60M richer today after our usual bottle crashing antics against County and Dundee effectively handed Them the Champions League spot. We are scurrying around like weans at a wedding scramble in comparison. Whilst Clement did well to get a bit of improvement initially out of the serial losers that make up our squad, as we have all witnessed, they have reverted to type with a vengeance. We are looking at an almost complete rebuild of the squad with very limited finances compared to that Mhob who as painful as it is to admit, are already miles ahead of us and now have money to burn, even with the potential millions on compensation payments they may have to make with regard to the issue that the media in Scotland do not want to talk about.

PC may be a very decent manager, but he is not, despite the claims of some, a miracle worker, and I am afraid we may be looking at another long spell of complete domination by that Scum. Depressing as fuck I know, but what else can we expect after watching that today?

The money side of things is very concerning and I cannot understand why our board have not been looking for investment, maybe they have and cannot find it, but my guess is they have not.

Not sure they could have much more dominance they have than for the last number of years, but get your point. I am still hopeful if we can get in some better players with a strong mentality we can come back at them, I just don't want to think anything else at the moment.

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

McCausland put in a shift ? He ran about a wee bit doing the square root of fuck all. The boy is so soft he couldn't even properly foul the celtic player when he tried he just bounced off him. Embarrassing and another who needs chased out the door

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I get where you are with that and it's probably not easy to criticise game management when it was working to an extent. We were trying to overload their full backs and we're a bit direct. We were trying to hit the back post where their full backs are week. However I think before a ball was kicked most could see that midfield would get overrun and it did. 

13 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Which in game management choices did he get wrong today? 

Not changing the midfield after McGregor/O'Riley both had 3 shots each in clear space (before the first goal)?

Not realizing fairly quickly that Tom Lawrence is absolutely useless and couldn't run the length of himself? Fact he came out 2nd half is a joke

Putting Sterling back into centre half when the midfield was crying out for him? Surely to fuck we throw King in as he's an actual centre half and get Sterling into the middle after Souttar's injury?

Subbing off Silva, for all his critics, he was one of the better outfielders today and made no sense bringing him off when we needed a goal? 

Even Dessers off for Roofe, you're 2-1 down with 7/8 minutes left knowing a defeat gives them the title, shove them both on and see if we can score, don't just stick to the same formation?

Plenty of stuff wrong today in game but the damage was done in the team selection pre match.

14 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

You are probably right, but we are unlikey to have the funds to change the team.

So do we change the manager, or just hope it might all click?

If PC was finishing as well as he started, I'd be fully behind him, but  he isn't.

So do we give him the next transfer window and then bin him in September ?

Or do we bite the bullet now, and give the next manger the transfer window?

I am sort.of 50 50 at the moment.

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Cantwell who was spouting shite on social media again, has been taken off in the first half for not listening to instructions and has been rotten out wide every time.

Absolutely mental that people are thinking he should have come on with us down to 10 men.

I'm willing to give PC the benefit of the doubt, he's stuck by senior players hoping they can do the job. They failed. He'll probably still stick by them because of the SC final, he's going to get himself sacked unless he wins it.

If he guts the squad for the SC final and we lose, I wouldn't care as he's shown those the door that need to. If he sticks by the losers and they lose again, he can join them in the summer.