Best Atmospheres You've Seen Abroad

Curious what other bears experiences abroad have been like seeing teams other than the famous. 

Ended up in a city near Frankfurt so ended up there in my first foreign non-gers abroad game. Aye nay doubt itd be them, seethed a little bit. 

Out in the sticks and on the way up random roadside bars with very reasonable (UK pub standard prices but better bevs). Getting into the ground was a bit of a piss take and took ages, few entrances for all stands and proper searches. Atmosphere awesome, smoking in a stadium is a novelty, pints of better than Scottish pub prices and straight to your seat. Cheap and good food and booze. Passionate crowd, none of whom seemed to leave till 20mins after enjoying the party. Even tho they'd only pumped Helsinki. Trains after a nightmare but nothing worse than the subway. 

Only downside was seeing all the scarfs and tops from the final. Was seething but own fault for ending up there, still worth it. 

Overall impressed, Germany looks after it's fans in a way top 5 leagues and the UK don't come close to matching. 

Looking to get to more foreign grounds, Gers games or no, any experiences from fellow gers? 

2 hours ago, Ukrainian said:

I would say that Sweden international team fans are the best I’ve ever seen if we are talking about atmosphere around the games or at the grounds in general. 
Or Saskatchewan Roughriders fans if we are talking just about atmosphere around the grounds. 

The scandis look a good shout. Probably them or Poland next for me. Never heard of the others but will give them a look. 

Only been to one march abroad, a Werder Bremen league game back in the mid 90's while I was on an exchange trip in high school. Pre match atmosphere was brilliant, the stands were packed, crowd was great, then about 10 mins into the game I collapsed and came round with a shit load of really concerned,top notch Germans making sure I was ok. Still to this day I don't know what happened, or what the score was, but from what I remember the atmosphere was good.

Feyenoord vs Porto a couple of years back in Europa League was great. Porto missed several sitters, hit the bar twice and at the end lost 2-0 for the joy of 50 000 Feyenoord fans. What a night. 

When it comes to crazy behaviour, Levski Sofia vs Werder Bremen 2006 in the CL was it by a country mile. Before the game Levski hooligans caught some 20-30 Werder fans, kicked the hell out of them and stole their flags.  Then they were fighting with police over their own flags that police confiscated. Then the Levski young goalkeeper scored an own goal and the stadium errupted in anger(he was an arrogant prick back then and nobody likes him to this day). People around me started shouting and swearing at the keeper, some guy was stupid enough to tell everyone to shut the fuck up. In the next second he received a flying kick in the head and got dropped several rows below and he moved away from the stand. There were so many drunk/high fans it was insane. One guy started shouting at me because he saw me drinking water and not singing :lol: At some point i turned back and saw home fans fighting each other in some 10-15 separate locations in the stand. Crazy stuff. 

Was with Man City fans at old trafford in April 74.
Denis Law scored the winner against the kafflics and all hell broke loose.
The City fans gave their version of TBB that day,and there were smoke bombs and invasions during the match.
Wasn't really intimidating...just kinda....oh f*ck,we're going to get battered....city fans had the c*nts on toast.
Worked in a boozer In Moss Side whose family and customers were mental City fans.
It was quite an experience. :lol: