Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, Madina said:

His last few performances have been a bit meh, not sure he's enough for starting an OF game. Credit to the lad though for doing that at Christmas. As someone else said some of the "fame" and money can go to young players heads. Nice to see wee Ross is staying grounded 

Definite starter for me Saturday wouldn’t even be surprised if he chipped in with a wee goal 

Get him running at their shity defence all game they’ll no like that at all, big Sima doing it the other side. We’ve fuck all to fear from these cunts, pressure them they’ll crumble. Get a man to shadow McGregor stop him getting a foothold in midfield.  

The alternative to not starting the wee man is wright or Cantwell out of position. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Definite starter for me Saturday wouldn’t even be surprised if he chipped in with a wee goal 

Get him running at their shity defence all game they’ll no like that at all, big Sima doing it the other side. We’ve fuck all to fear from these cunts, pressure them they’ll crumble. Get a man to shadow McGregor stop him getting a foothold in midfield.  

The alternative to not starting the wee man is wright or Cantwell out of position. 

Much prefer your first set up mate .... Both Cantwell and Wright are better elsewhere on the park .... especially Cantwell as he has more space behind the strikers to be creative or even get on the scoresheet himself ... and Wright would be better coming off the bench when the opposition's  legs are tired.

🇬🇧

25 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He'll be like a man possessed playing against the taigs. He knows exactly what it means.

Can honestly see him scoring, be like winning the lottery for both him and his family. Be their proudest moment ever. 

I hope the game doesn't pass him by. It does with a lot of young players the first time they play in it. If, however, he stands out, he'll go from strength to strength this season.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

I hope the game doesn't pass him by. It does with a lot of young players the first time they play in it. If, however, he stands out, he'll go from strength to strength this season.

It can do yea, but they wouldn't be as emotionally involved by playing against them for the first time as Ross, especially the way things are, this game matters. This will be the biggest game of his career by far, something he'll have dreamt about.

I'd be more concerned about him keeping the head, not doing something rash, or trying too hard running about mad.

But he seems quite grounded.

All in all, i'd definitely start him. If it's not happening for him for whatever reason, can sub him. But he's a starter for me. 

50 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

It can do yea, but they wouldn't be as emotionally involved by playing against them for the first time as Ross, especially the way things are, this game matters. This will be the biggest game of his career by far, something he'll have dreamt about.

I'd be more concerned about him keeping the head, not doing something rash, or trying too hard running about mad.

But he seems quite grounded.

All in all, i'd definitely start him. If it's not happening for him for whatever reason, can sub him. But he's a starter for me. 

It’s a no brainier for me he’s the best option we have in that position and like you said the boy will be well up for it and knows what to expect. 

Some times you’ve got to roll the dice. 

On 27/12/2023 at 16:46, Siam69 said:

He'll be like a man possessed playing against the taigs. He knows exactly what it means.

Can honestly see him scoring, be like winning the lottery for both him and his family. Be their proudest moment ever. 

Hope you are right 👏

I will be severely disappointed if he doesn't start tomorrow.

I could understand if Clement decides to put him on the bench though. It would be his first match against the filth and an away game with none of our support to spur him on.

Very much a high pressure match.

On 27/12/2023 at 15:06, Tiger Shaw said:

Or Matondo. I would prefer Rabbi as a sub when its late on and they are tired.

Not saying he was the problem today but he's proven over the last number of weeks that he's not good enough to be in the starting position he has found himself in.

Him and Dessers need to be improved upon in this window. Cantwell needs to find form or Fabio Silva will hopefully replace him too.