*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

8 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Can we be more clinical with the players we have?

yesterdays starting line up and front 6

Lundstram - 0 goals this season

Cifuentes - 0 goals this season

Lawrence - 0 goals this season

Cantwell - 1 goal this season.

Sima and Danilo only real threats and Sima is out of form just now.

I think bringing on Lammers when we were chasing goals just about sums up where we were at yesterday.

And yet only Lundstrum you would argue is CDM and protects the defence.

So we seem to regularly play 2-3 midfielders who don’t score yet don’t defend.

Their first goal and other attacks as much as we blame the defence. Wouldn’t have happened with any half good positional centre mids

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We need to get away from this CDM and protecting centre halves.

Football has evolved and this is now the player that dictates teams tempo’s.

I’ve said before, the biggest miss for us in SPL is a Steve Davis type in that position. A guy who knew how to speed up and slow down a tempo depending on the in game situation.

Yep. We badly miss at least one but probably 2 ball playing centre mids. Players that can control play and also move the ball quickly. Davis was v good and Kamara was decent enough for a while before he downed tools.

Sima was bad on Sunday but it felt like dejavu with Kent all over again. Give him the ball after some slow build up. And then no midfield options to link play. 

57 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We need to get away from this CDM and protecting centre halves.

Football has evolved and this is now the player that dictates teams tempo’s.

I’ve said before, the biggest miss for us in SPL is a Steve Davis type in that position. A guy who knew how to speed up and slow down a tempo depending on the in game situation.

Mental take but I think hagi could play that role for us. 

2 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

What an utter fanny that Robson is whinging about the penalty. John Brown rightly calling him out. 

If it mumbled it doesn't look good once he whined it a half dozen times.
fuckin embarrassing mumbling ignorant ugly prick looked like it was going to burst into tears.
Well said Bomber.

5 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

If it mumbled it doesn't look good once he whined it a half dozen times.
fuckin embarrassing mumbling ignorant ugly prick looked like it was going to burst into tears.
Well said Bomber.

A journalist with a set of balls should ask him the question would it look good for Scottish football to ignore a clear and obvious last minute penalty just because it’s Rangers ? 

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

A journalist with a set of balls should ask him the question would it look good for Scottish football to ignore a clear and obvious last minute penalty just because it’s Rangers ? 

There's the crux of the whole outburst mate.
Because it's Rangers he cannot handle the truth. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Still absolutely scunnered by this result. It killed any illusion that Clement had managed to get these players to turn a corner. We won't win a league with them.  Hopefully we have a very productive January.

That set of players is never winning the league- hopefully we win both domestic cups and go far in the Europa League 

45 minutes ago, Van Klinkerhoffen said:

That set of players is never winning the league- hopefully we win both domestic cups and go far in the Europa League 

Aye, I agree. I dont see a world in which this team wins a league. The league cup is 50/50.

On 28/11/2023 at 11:39, SkylineBlue said:

Still absolutely scunnered by this result. It killed any illusion that Clement had managed to get these players to turn a corner. We won't win a league with them.  Hopefully we have a very productive January.

Media reporting two new signings in Jan, a LB and another striker. IMO we do not need the first and yes to the second. If Kent comes back, then he has to knock his pan out and hit the ground running. 

5 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Media reporting two new signings in Jan, a LB and another striker. IMO we do not need the first and yes to the second. If Kent comes back, then he has to knock his pan out and hit the ground running. 

Kent linked with Forrest 

7 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

We don’t need a left back? What?

26 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The league cup isn’t 50/50 :lol:

That Aberdeen side are absolute dross and they’ll be battered at Hampden 

I'm not sure I'd say it's 50/50 but I'm pretty worried a lot of our 'leaders' wont show up and we'll make hard work of it