Todd Cantwell

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He hasn’t failed at Rangers if the manager has told him he’s a key player and wants him to stay. Based on what Clement’s saying this isn’t like what happened at the other clubs.

There's nothing you can even reply to that

He's a wank of a guy, everything wrong with the modern day player, more interested in his image than anything else.

Still one of the better footballers we have in a squad of shite though & don't agree with Clement publically saying what he's said, basically out the door for any bid now.

Also can't understand why this wasn't sorted 3/4 weeks ago, Cantwell was back training & it didn't need to drag on to this point

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

There's nothing you can even reply to that

You used the word failed to reflect this being the same as what happened at the other clubs.

Clement’s saying he wanted to keep him.

He’s failed like the rest of them in that he’s won next to fuck all, but if Clement is being truthful here it’s not that he’s bombing him out as he doesn’t rate him.

And my main point is something seems off with that as it doesn’t really reflect what we’ve seen.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You used the word failed to reflect this being the same as what happened at the other clubs.

He’s failed like the rest of them in that he’s won next to fuck all, but if Clement is being truthful here it’s not that he’s bombing him out as he doesn’t rate him.

And my main point is something seems off with that as it doesn’t really reflect what we’ve seen.

It reflects exactly what we've seen.

The manager always making him the first player subbed off when things aren't going well, the manager dropping him from big games, Cantwell behaving like a 14 year old lassie on instagram taking subtle shots at the manager, the manager literally getting physical with him at the end of the cup final.

You've massively changed your tune in this btw, over the last however many months you've been saying how obvious it is that Clement and Cantwell don't see eye to eye. 

I’m hoping somebody will be along any minute now to post that meme of the Rangers board/staff standing next to the whiteboard that reads “0 days since our last nonsense” 😆

For a club of our stature we’re a shit show at the moment. Feels like we’ve been fire fighting on a daily basis of late.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clement says he wants to keep him to retain value for the club 

If he said he goes and I'm not arsed, take value off. If he says he was to be key, this retains value. Clement doesn't give a fuck about him. 

Just now, real boydie9 said:

I'm sure he wanted to play centre half too and Greig gave into that demand as well. 

I think he’d dropped back before that - he was CH in the CWC final, but possibly more as a stop gap in those days, and odd times after.

I do remember ructions about him wanting to play CB before 78 and I distinctly remember a chat with my cousin’s husband about it, while I was still at school (76 or before).

From a quick look at my big book of Rangers, it seems like he started 72-73 at CF but had the No 5 jersey from October 72 onwards.

Had a couple of seasons at CH before going into midfield in the season we stopped their first 9 in a row.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It reflects exactly what we've seen.

The manager always making him the first player subbed off when things aren't going well, the manager dropping him from big games, Cantwell behaving like a 14 year old lassie on instagram taking subtle shots at the manager, the manager literally getting physical with him at the end of the cup final.

You've massively changed your tune in this btw, over the last however many months you've been saying how obvious it is that Clement and Cantwell don't see eye to eye. 

You’re misinterpreting me mate, I’m saying something seems off with Clement now saying they have a great relationship, that he spent a long time trying to convince him to stay and gave him time to think, but Cantwell still made the choice to leave.

It only really makes sense if it’s about being told he’s not a key player, might not play the big games, their relationship isn’t great etc.

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Clement says he wants to keep him to retain value for the club 

If he said he goes and I'm not arsed, take value off. If he says he was to be key, this retains value. Clement doesn't give a fuck about him. 

So if that’s the case and he’s going as Clement’s told him he’s not a key part of his plans, the majority of the comments in here are way off.

20 minutes ago, starofdavid said:

his fate was sealed when clement angrily pulled him away from the ref for all the world to see, humiliated Cantwell IMO 

Clement clocked him early when he pulled him off before half time against Limassol, also I think later against Hearts. Cantwell is a dancing queen and we should have never signed him. Beale signed him, spoke about needing to talk to players to make sure they were of the right "mindset"

"The chance to play in Europe and to win trophies, that's why I am here. My career hasn't necessarily gone the way I had planned in the last couple of years.

"The guys here have seen the person I am and the player I am and that means a lot to me, to be given the chance to play at a big club like Rangers and to be given the platform to really kick on and show the player I want to turn into."

He's a useless prima-donna and was laughed at by opposition players and supporters for good reason.

I feel that something happened during the home game v Sparta Prague, where he scored and we played them off the park in the first half.

Second half was a different story and they almost got back into it.

Seemed as if a lot of things weren’t quite the same after that - whether Phil got tore into them (or him) I don’t know, but I feel something changed.

It's all getting very concerning  now. Regardless of his dubious social media habits, Cantwell was sctually one of our best players who had the ability - on occasion- to turn a game. Where on earth do we look for inspiration now on the park for the spark of magic when we need it..Dessers? Wright? Lawrence? 

I know it's only pre-season but alarm bells are now ringing all over the place.

Just now, HG5 said:

I think he’d dropped back before that - he was CH in the CWC final, but possibly more as a stop gap in those days, and odd times after.

I do remember ructions about him wanting to play CB before 78 and I distinctly remember a chat with my cousin’s husband about it, while I was still at school (76 or before).

From a quick look at my big book of Rangers, it seems like he started 72-73 at CF but had the No 5 jersey from October 72 onwards.

Had a couple of seasons at CH before going into midfield in the season we stopped their first 9 in a row.

I'll need to dig out my Rangers books and match programmes from that time to have a look. Not that I'm doubting you 😊

I remember him at centre half in the cup winners Cup final. I also remember him playing at centre half against C****c in 1977 we were 2-0 down at half time. He had a shocker. Jock Wallace brought on John Greig for the 2nd half and put DJ up front. We won 3-2.

I can't recall him playing centre half that much again after that. Long time ago right enough so my memory might not be bang on. I always remember, and watching him as a striker. 

That 3-2 game was a cracker. There was a TV strike at the time so there's no footage of it.

What a massive let down. Got ability but don't see his career living up to the potential he had. Good luck to whichever club he joins.

I honestly think he's a bigger underachiever than ryan kent. Should be absolutely lapping it up in Scotland but doesnt look like he can handle the pressure.

He needs to find a club that can help him deliver more goals than shushburgers.

Classic case of a player who thinks he’s better than he is. Will always look to blame other people than have a real look in the mirror. 

Has talent and made sense to sign him but his mentality is weak. There’s a reason he ended up training with our B team and with Norwich reserves. 

We were warned by people at Norwich that he had all the ability but needed to sort his head out. Remember this is a guy that burst onto the scene in the EPL being touted as a future star and England player. I get the impression that he wants the fame and money of being a professional footballer but has no actual passion or love for the game. He’ll now be a journeyman in the Championship and lower tiers of English football. He’ll retire a millionaire and be quite content with his career. 

6 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

What a massive let down. Got ability but don't see his career living up to the potential he had. Good luck to whichever club he joins.

I honestly think he's a bigger underachiever than ryan kent. Should be absolutely lapping it up in Scotland but doesnt look like he can handle the pressure.

He needs to find a club that can help him deliver more goals than shushburgers.

Ha I forgot about that. We should’ve transfer listed him after that before he got to make his own decision 

18 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

I'll need to dig out my Rangers books and match programmes from that time to have a look. Not that I'm doubting you 😊

I remember him at centre half in the cup winners Cup final. I also remember him playing at centre half against C****c in 1977 we were 2-0 down at half time. He had a shocker. Jock Wallace brought on John Greig for the 2nd half and put DJ up front. We won 3-2.

I can't recall him playing centre half that much again after that. Long time ago right enough so my memory might not be bang on. I always remember, and watching him as a striker. 

That 3-2 game was a cracker. There was a TV strike at the time so there's no footage of it.

Yes - without seeing your last para, my first thought was that was the game with the tv blackout and we couldn’t see the comeback!