New striker needed

scottyc06

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Most of those goals were in league one and the championship and the majority of his hearts goals last season were penalties. 

You also convientently missed out the club he had a terrible record at, the one club he wasn't on penalties. 

Conveniently missed out the one club that wasn’t in this country 🥴 

Take away his penalties and he still has a better than 1 goal every 2 games ratio. Without even checking I’d say there’s not that many in Scottish football with a better record! 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If we only have money to bring in one quality player (hypothetical of course) I'm not sure striker is where I'd use it. I would like to see a creative midfielder playing alongside Lundstram or another wide option first.

Midfield is defo another area that is strengthened as is LB but for me, on this season alone, we need a striker! 

Just now, J-Maestro said:

How many chances did we miss tonight?

Lots. Hence why I said "in general we don't". I think we have a habit of hitting the wings and lumping the ball into the box too often still which comes from a lack of creating anything through the middle, such as where our goal came from tonight.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Lots. Hence why I said "in general we don't". I think we have a habit of hitting the wings and lumping the ball into the box too often still which comes from a lack of creating anything through the middle, such as where our goal came from tonight.

We have a huge issue with strikers not trying to get on the end of stuff too. Something Colak and Sakala used to try and do, we need a player who wants to be selfish. A creative player isn't going to do anything is nobody is bursting the back of the net.

Plus our best performances had Jack playing next to Lundstram who isn't exactly a creative maestro.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If stats at top of page correct, Tav and Sima have scored 24 goals between them.

The rest of the squad have 25 goals.

Highlights that we need better quality in areas all over the pitch if we are relying on the same two players to deliver goals.

I don't think Danilo is too far away from being a 20+ goal a season striker, needs to improve in some areas but his positioning and link up play is good.

i think that a right sided forward / winger and a goalscoring attacking midfielder should be the priorities. 

We need more contributors from other areas of the pitch

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The constant "shift it wide and bang it into the box" tactics makes us predictable and easy to defend against. 

First few games under Clement we were mixing it up a little, but we do seem to revert back to wing-box quite often.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We have a huge issue with strikers not trying to get on the end of stuff too. Something Colak and Sakala used to try and do, we need a player who wants to be selfish. A creative player isn't going to do anything is nobody is bursting the back of the net.

Plus our best performances had Jack playing next to Lundstram who isn't exactly a creative maestro.

I don't agree with that so much. The issue is when we get the ball out wide we have one striker in the box to hit with 4 big fuck off defenders. We need someone else arriving from the ten or midfield to support and create space if nothing else. Colak wasn't good enough and he was a poacher.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The constant "shift it wide and bang it into the box" tactics makes us predictable and easy to defend against. 

First few games under Clement we were mixing it up a little, but we do seem to revert back to wing-box quite often.

I think it's ingrained into the players. I hate seeing it and it rarely works.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Not quite sure were faith in Danilo comes from tbh.

That was utterly dreadful tonight and not for the first time either.

I do think there's a player in there, he needs to start converting chances though, and potentially needs a strike partner or at least proper support from deep. What i'd give for a younger Scotty Arfield at the moment making those runs.

It was awful at times, i feel like we're just trying to get over the line til the cup final and then the winter break. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I don't agree with that so much. The issue is when we get the ball out wide we have one striker in the box to hit with 4 big fuck off defenders. We need someone else arriving from the ten or midfield to support and create space if nothing else. Colak wasn't good enough and he was a poacher.

I’m sure I seen we average 15 odd shots a game with 1 in 3 on target, there’s clearly an issue there as we are creating chances! 

Colak didn’t fit Beale’s type of play but we’re doing more through the middle now & he probably would have done ok in this style. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I’m sure I seen we average 15 odd shots a game with 1 in 3 on target, there’s clearly an issue there as we are creating chances! 

Colak didn’t fit Beale’s type of play but we’re doing more through the middle now & he probably would have done ok in this style. 

Having a torrid time in Parma, wonder if it would be worth seeing if he wanted to return.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dessers offloaded and him and Shankland in. Roofe gone in the Summer too.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Shankland should be our no.1 target for January if we can offload Dessers. He's able to play off the striker or as the main striker, held off our defenders numerous times too.

I'd swap a Subbuteo striker for Dessers just now.

Sit it in the 6 yard box and it would score just as many deflections.

I hope Phil and his staff have their eyes on some targets on the cheap or loans because our striking options are fucking horrific.

I’d be tempted to try Sima up top but then you have the same problem of wide players in the squad being thinner than the managers hairline.

Beale has left us in some mess bar the keeper.

Prick.