New striker needed

scottyc06

Not sure there’s much if any comparison to be made between Boyd and Shankland. 

Boyd was 22 and had just banged in 13 penalties (not from the spot) in the league before Xmas.

Shankland is in a different conversation ability wise.

Having said that he’s a better finisher than our current dumplings. Would be value for a very minimal fee

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I loved Colak, but he’s not the answer. Why are so many of our support obsessed with looking backwards rather than forwards?

Aye, I was going to post this. I really liked Colak and there isn't a world in which I would trade him for Dessers, but he isn't good enough to be our number 1. He basically slots into the same place as Danilo as a second choice striker, which makes it even more perplexing why we got rid of him to pay £6m for another second choice striker.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How’s Danilo a second choice striker? :lol:

Genuinely think people massively underrating his movement to get these chances in the first place.

He should have scored a couple last night but they were on target, it’s not like it was a Lammers air swing and miss.

Hopefully Clement sticks with Danilo and we can all review where things are at at the end of the season.

Largely agree but he does need to improve his finishing. 

I'm giving him a bit of leeway due to his injury and having to wear that mask in recent weeks. I think it affects a player.

But leeway can't excuse him for missing really good chances which I thought the one the keeper saved last night was in particular.  

He now needs to fire on all cylinders, take the easy chances and create and finish difficult ones over and above. That's his job and it needs done now.

52 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I loved Colak, but he’s not the answer. Why are so many of our support obsessed with looking backwards rather than forwards?

I don't think I'd take him back but many are probably just looking back to his goal return and comparing it to what we have now. 

9 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Don’t think Shankland is the prolific striker we’re looking for, but he’s an accomplished, composed player whose overall ability has surprised me this season. He’s strong, has decent turn of pace, and excellent in possession 

Not on the break against Lundstram last night he didn't. Had some good touches and I think he's a player, but not sure pace is his strength tbh.

I'm in the Danilo will come good camp.  He doesn't panic, doesn't rush, doesn't snap at chances - although right now that's to his detriment because I can think of 5 times that taking a touch, whilst composed, has allowed keeper to reset.  I'd be more bothered if he wasn't getting the chances.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not on the break against Lundstram last night he didn't. Had some good touches and I think he's a player, but not sure pace is his strength tbh.

I suppose that’s why I didn’t say he’s quick, or has blistering pace. But take your point 👍

Lundstrum is no slouch at the moment. He is certainly much fitter since PC came in. 

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How’s Danilo a second choice striker? :lol:

Genuinely think people massively underrating his movement to get these chances in the first place.

He should have scored a couple last night but they were on target, it’s not like it was a Lammers air swing and miss.

Hopefully Clement sticks with Danilo and we can all review where things are at at the end of the season.

That’s more to do with that fact it was virtually impossible for them not to be