New striker needed

scottyc06

39 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

If we were guaranteed Morelos at his best, in shape and highly motivated then anyone turning him down would be absolutely mental. 

But we aren't, so it's a strong no from me. 

Aye no chance from me either, interestingly some have faith in the likes of him and Kent for example.

Yes at times they were absolutely brilliant.

But ultimately, towards the end they chucked it, they've been shit ever since.

Can't rely on that.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

But it’s guys like Colak, Morelos and Aribo that you regularly see people saying they want, or would have, back. It’s not really anything to do with people struggling to accept the current day situation because they were spoilt in their younger days. They want guys who played for us in periods where we are inconsistent as we are now back when we should be looking to move forward.

I think maybe a lot of people don’t watch much football outside of Rangers. So their knowledge is limited to ex-players and staff, and players who have played well against us. 

January is a shit transfer window to do serious business but there surely has to be a reasonably top level striker in the EPL or Championship, who is currently benched, that a club would be happy to loan out until the summer. That's assuming we don't have big bucks to splash.

I have no time to research this but some fucker at the club needs to:lol:

1 hour ago, SteveEarle said:

January is a shit transfer window to do serious business but there surely has to be a reasonably top level striker in the EPL or Championship, who is currently benched, that a club would be happy to loan out until the summer. That's assuming we don't have big bucks to splash.

I have no time to research this but some fucker at the club needs to:lol:

Annoyingly there aren't really any decent EPL strikers that would be realistic, other than some youngsters like Mubama from West Ham but even that would be hard.

16 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Annoyingly there aren't really any decent EPL strikers that would be realistic, other than some youngsters like Mubama from West Ham but even that would be hard.

You might well be right. You'd hope there is someone needing game time that a sizeable club might loan out and also help cover wages, similar to Defoe but fuck knows!?

4 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

You might well be right. You'd hope there is someone needing game time that a sizeable club might loan out and also help cover wages, similar to Defoe but fuck knows!?

I actually had a look and couldn't really see anyone.

Even the players like Origi at Forest who isn't getting a game will be on stupid wages (And isn't very good).

Fabio Silva isn't getting a game at Wolves and it looks like they will sell/loan him in Jan but they signed him for £30m+ so will want to recoup a fair bit and his wages will be huge too.

Danny Ings at West Ham too - big wages.

3 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I actually had a look and couldn't really see anyone.

Even the players like Origi at Forest who isn't getting a game will be on stupid wages (And isn't very good).

Fabio Silva isn't getting a game at Wolves and it looks like they will sell/loan him in Jan but they signed him for £30m+ so will want to recoup a fair bit and his wages will be huge too.

Danny Ings at West Ham too - big wages.

Ings has been a disaster at West Ham but still cost them £10 - 15 M. 
Don’t know if he’s just gone as a player or totally unsuited to the running Moyes asks his forwards to do. Or maybe a bit of both.

Could probably do a job at SPL level though

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Ings has been a disaster at West Ham but still cost them £10 - 15 M. 
Don’t know if he’s just gone as a player or totally unsuited to the running Moyes asks his forwards to do. Or maybe a bit of both.

Could probably do a job at SPL level though

Ings doesn't suit West Ham's style at all, but he'll be on £100k pr week so I don't think we have any chance.

West Ham are also pretty light up front so I can't see them letting him go on loan.