New striker needed

scottyc06

38 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The constant "shift it wide and bang it into the box" tactics makes us predictable and easy to defend against. 

First few games under Clement we were mixing it up a little, but we do seem to revert back to wing-box quite often.

Out of the last three goals we have scored, two have come through cutting through their central defence. We try to play it through centrally constantly. We ALSO play it wide/box, which we have also scored from lately. I think we are mixing it up. It will get better, im certain of it.

3 minutes ago, ayrshireger said:

£14M spent on 'upgrading' the attack in the summer and wasted on utter shite.

Hopefully the management can magic a striker out on a shoestring. 

Lets hope so. Clement has been dealt a pretty shite hand, but I think he is managing quite well with it, so far. Lets hope he can get one or two in the Jan window. It wont be enough, but he will have to prioritise one or two positions. I wouldnt want to be making the decisions.

32 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Having a torrid time in Parma, wonder if it would be worth seeing if he wanted to return.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dessers offloaded and him and Shankland in. Roofe gone in the Summer too.

Reckon Colak would jump at the chance to return, sounded like Beale froze him out and he didn’t want to leave

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Any decent striker won't be loaned to us in January and we sure as fuck won't have the money to twist the arm of a club with a decent one.

We loaned Defoe in the January transfer window so anything is possible.

My hope is that Clament will bring in an unknown gem (to us) or 2 in January that he has previously worked with or knows about from his previous work.

I actually think a player like Shankland would've buried most of our chances tonight. 

He seems a more instinctive striker.

Very unimpressed with the amount of money spent in the attacking areas of the squad, for what we've actually got in return.

Background characters is what I referred to Danilo, Dessers, & Lammers earlier on, we still very much lack that main man striker.

Shankland coming here may not see him as that, but I think he'd be a better option than those three combined for the chances we've missed and scuffed recently.

Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve actually came round a bit to the idea of signing Shankland 

I think he'd do quite well for us in the same way Boyd did quite well for us. I still think we need better than that. Someone more in the mould of Morelos, but that will cost a fair bit, unless its a project. But, would Shankland be too pricey? Hearts will demand top dollar for him, I think. Probably in the region of 3-4 million. 

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I think he'd do quite well for us in the same way Boyd did quite well for us. I still think we need better than that. Someone more in the mould of Morelos, but that will cost a fair bit, unless its a project. But, would Shankland be too pricey? Hearts will demand top dollar for him, I think. Probably in the region of 3-4 million. 

I don’t see how we need better than that, all we need is someone who can finish their chances against the dross in the league.

Old firm wins have nearly always just been a random player from anywhere on the pitch scoring for us, you’ve to go back to Ally to find a prolific goalscorer in those games. Europe is much the same.

Hearts would probably take the piss with their valuation though aye 

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t see how we need better than that, all we need is someone who can finish their chances against the dross in the league.

Old firm wins have nearly always just been a random player from anywhere on the pitch scoring for us, you’ve to go back to Ally to find a prolific goalscorer in those games. Europe is much the same.

Hearts would probably take the piss with their valuation though aye 

Having now watched the game back.. we played some very good football. If we had a good striker, then we would have put 5 past them. Hopefully Dani finds his goalscoring boots.. he takes a touch too many in the box. Needs to trust himself to take a shot first time. Would have had two goals today if he did.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Having now watched the game back.. we played some very good football. If we had a good striker, then we would have put 5 past them. Hopefully Dani finds his goalscoring boots.. he takes a touch too many in the box. Needs to trust himself to take a shot first time. Would have had two goals today if he did.

Instinctive strikers hit the ball first time mate. Shocking stuff from him. Especially so close to goal. 

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

We loaned Defoe in the January transfer window so anything is possible.

My hope is that Clament will bring in an unknown gem (to us) or 2 in January that he has previously worked with or knows about from his previous work.

It's the hope that kills you 😁

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Cunts just want ex players back all the time. They can’t let go :lol:

Never known any other support to be like this. It’s barmy. I got a Charlotte FC post of Arfield on my Facebook the other day, every other comment under it was folk saying “Bring him home!!! 🇬🇧” or “We need you back Scotty!” :lol: