*****The Official Rangers v Dundee thread*****

Bad Robot

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He would need to bring players in for that though. We don’t even have a DOF in till Jan 2nd.

Absolutely, I'm hoping Clement has already decided on non-negotiable priorities, told Koppen and the board to be ready for the first game back.

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

I've no idea what the process is nowadays, don't really seem to hear about appeals much at all these days. 

Probably alot harder to have decisions overturned when the incident has already been seen in real time and on replay by the match day ref and also in replay during the game by the VAR. 

The authorities would be throwing 2 refs under the bus if it was overturned. 

Aye agree with all of that mate, I'm more wondering If putting in an appeal would free him up for Sunday. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye agree with all of that mate, I'm more wondering If putting in an appeal would free him up for Sunday. 

I'd fully expect any decision to be fast tracked to avoid that anyway. And he'd likely end up with an extended ban. Certainly wouldn't be the first time. 

59 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

I really hope we see the clear proof of this soon after the winter break, that he's only using the likes of Dessers, Barisic and Matondo out of desperate necessity.

I think he's come in an obviously had to access the situation, it's clear to me that he's made good out of what he's got at his disposal, although I'm sure it's not easy.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Really weird opinion he’s formed about Europe. Nobody doubts how big next Sunday is, it’s a cup final and a cup we haven’t won in years, but playing down progressing in the Europa League is so weird it’s almost funny 

Id like to think we can beat a poor Aberdeen side on Sunday and still have given it a proper go on Thursday aswell 

100%

We're Rangers, should be more than capable of giving a good account of ourselves in a big European game that determines how much money comes into the club, and still go on and win a cup final.

Too many people thinking it's this or that these days, I want us to go for everything we're in.

13 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

I actually really enjoyed that second half. All players putting in a double shift, playing for the jersey. Well done lads

Wasn't a beautiful game at all the day but it was decent to be at. Knew the second half was gonna be murder to watch but can't fault anyones effort. Even dessers got some folk up for a standing ovation when he went of 😂

30 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Well it determines what European competition we will be playing in and how much money the club can make etc.

It's quite a big deal.

I'm not so sure. Although id like to stay in the Europa League or Conference I can also see the benefit in dropping out of Europe if it were to happen.

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Really weird opinion he’s formed about Europe. Nobody doubts how big next Sunday is, it’s a cup final and a cup we haven’t won in years, but playing down progressing in the Europa League is so weird it’s almost funny 

Id like to think we can beat a poor Aberdeen side on Sunday and still have given it a proper go on Thursday aswell 

How's that worked out this season so far? This needs to be the focus, we need that cup.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

What's not being spoken about is, is it a clear and obvious error by giving a yellow rather than a red? 

Absolutely not. He's given a yellow to a foul that has split opinions, it's nowhere near a clear and obvious error. 

While it’s probably still in the wording, I don’t think any ref or VAR pays any attention to ‘clear and obvious error’.