*****The Official Rangers v Dundee thread*****

Bad Robot

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Only saw it live, walking back from the game, thought he was lazy and left his leg in when he could have planted it elsewhere 

will revise my opinion once I see it back 

Kenny Miller had to apologise on the BBC because he said at the time "That's a fucking shocking decision"

Will try and find a video to post here but yeah it definitely wasn't as bad as it looked possibly at first glance in real time.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Found clip of it.

Seen reds given for that, seen yellows given. These should be watched at full speed only, regardless give the ref a second look that’s it. Not slowed down to frame by frame. This is what makes VAR the farce it is.

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Seen reds given for that, seen yellows given. These should be watched at full speed only, regardless give the ref a second look that’s it. Not slowed down to frame by frame. This is what makes VAR the farce it is.

Fair enough if he just deliberately stomped him, I'd agree it'd be a red. But you can see the deliberate attempt to alternate where his foot lands and get out of the way as he goes to keep running on.

He's not even felt himself that he's caught the lad that badly. At best he should've gotten a yellow.

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

The manager knows us inside out now, those changes while not very exciting made sure we weren't letting them back into the game, hasn't made any mistakes so far and Beale would have fucked that today second half.

He's the best thing that's happened to us in years. Did you see the fucking anger in him when we got a yellow for the exact same tackle they didn't, when he got a yellow card.

Can't stress how much a think he's the real deal 

22 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I like VAR but yes it should have been shown to the ref at full speed. It happened earlier in the Liverpool game where VAR suggested to the ref to see it full speed. VAR shouldn’t need to say that as replays should always be slow and at full speed.

12 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

The manager knows us inside out now, those changes while not very exciting made sure we weren't letting them back into the game, hasn't made any mistakes so far and Beale would have fucked that today second half.

I really hope we see the clear proof of this soon after the winter break, that he's only using the likes of Dessers, Barisic and Matondo out of desperate necessity.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

What's not being spoken about is, is it a clear and obvious error by giving a yellow rather than a red? 

Absolutely not. He's given a yellow to a foul that has split opinions, it's nowhere near a clear and obvious error. 

Spot on. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The red card is nowhere near a shocker as some are claiming.

I guarantee many would demand a red if that was the Dundee player on Cifuentes.

As the post above though it’s absolutely not a clear and obvious error and if the Dundee player had been only booked we would have forgotten about it within 3 minutes.

Just now, Hilly86 said:

I really hope we see the clear proof of this soon after the winter break, that he's only using the likes of Dessers, Barisic and Matondo out of desperate necessity.

He would need to bring players in for that though. We don’t even have a DOF in till Jan 2nd.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

No chance. 

There would be posts all day about Clancy being a cheat for not sending the Dundee player off.

Got to really disagree with ye here man. 

No intent, no chance of any sort of injury. Was a lazy tackle that he went for the ball. Other boy was full bloodied into the tackle himself. 

Ref sticks with a yellow there and it's not a big talking point. 

Even if he got a yellow and people say he's lucky to get away with that then it means it's no clear n obvious, if ye get what am meaning 

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Honestly would prefer to play sterling from what he showed in midfield today and have rice in the squad

Aye mate but as much as we think he's shite the manager has picked him before they 2 on every opportunity. So unless you don't trust the manager then I'd rather he was available. 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

What's the script with the appeal process these days? Could we appeal n free him up for the final?

I've no idea what the process is nowadays, don't really seem to hear about appeals much at all these days. 

Probably alot harder to have decisions overturned when the incident has already been seen in real time and on replay by the match day ref and also in replay during the game by the VAR. 

The authorities would be throwing 2 refs under the bus if it was overturned. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye mate but as much as we think he's shite the manager has picked him before they 2 on every opportunity. So unless you don't trust the manager then I'd rather he was available. 

true, we only see half the picture but if performing well on a match day doesn’t get you in the first team for the next game it’s going to be demoralising and confusing for the players. Granted sterling was playing out of position (natural position) out of necessity.