If we don’t win this league?

KeyserSoze

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Stuff like this does my nut in.

’Take a bow’ before we’ve actually done anything. 

Totally nuts.

I have great faith in Phil, but so many of our players can fuck up any game I will still be taking one game at a time. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Wouldn’t spend any serious money on Shankland, Miovski is better and has a higher ceiling IMO.

Miovski has had a decent few month, fully convinced he will drop off and would struggle at either old firm side.  Shankland wouldve been a good signing 2 years ago but now hel be overpriced.

7 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Miovski has had a decent few month, fully convinced he will drop off and would struggle at either old firm side.  Shankland wouldve been a good signing 2 years ago but now hel be overpriced.

Shankland would’ve been a fucking stupid signing 2 year ago. He was struggling in Belgium and before that at dundee utd 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

I think the scum will go hard on signings in January - possibly standout SPFL players like Miovski and the much talked about “quality players” they are missing. Maybe playing them before January might be no bad thing.

Of course, they might balls up recruitment but I do think they’ll go for it.

We absolutely have to get a few players of quality in and move some of the dead wood out.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

shankland would be massive for us, scores a bucket load for us and a quality midfielder.

Agree with both posts. LS probably isn't the answer for Europe, but domestically he'll get barrow loads with the chances we create. Would rather Miovski however, but we can't really afford him

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Agree with both posts. LS probably isn't the answer for Europe, but domestically he'll get barrow loads with the chances we create. Would rather Miovski however, but we can't really afford him

Don’t think Miovski offers the same as Shankland. Shankland will step up even out wide, whereas I’ve seen Miovski go missing a good few times.

We've now been scared into thinking the only talent that can do a job in Scotland is current spl players due to shite recruitment. 

We got Alfredo for 1m, there's players out there if we are competent at looking for them. 

Can't see us being held at ransom for either tbh. 

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Don’t think Miovski offers the same as Shankland. Shankland will step up even out wide, whereas I’ve seen Miovski go missing a good few times.

Interesting :tu: First time I've read someone saying that. I also get the feeling Shankland would bust a gut every game for us!

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d rather we aimed higher than Shankland, being better than Dessers can’t be our benchmark. 

Aye I wouldn’t be spending too much on him 1.5/2m max, think he’s a good option as 3rd choice though and being homegrown helps, replacing Roofe with Shankland makes sense, but we still need a better striker than anything we have on our books, new first choice no9, Danilo and Shankland would be decent provided we get the no9 right. 

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We've now been scared into thinking the only talent that can do a job in Scotland is current spl players due to shite recruitment. 

We got Alfredo for 1m, there's players out there if we are competent at looking for them. 

Can't see us being held at ransom for either tbh. 

We really need more players for the Euro squad though, we can’t keep just filling the squad with foreigners. 

3 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Shankland would’ve been a fucking stupid signing 2 year ago. He was struggling in Belgium and before that at dundee utd 

Wouldnt say stupid - probably quite intuitive of Hearts to take him.  Not a player I would have wanted then either and certainly not one I want now.

On 10/12/2023 at 17:21, Somemightsay7 said:

We have to win on the 30th.

If we win that we're in the driving seat, if we lose it's a long way back.

We don't have to win on the 30th. If we got 3 points that's huge but walking away with a point would be a great result.

11 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

I like Miovski but he’s more of a clinical finisher, I think Shankland is a far cleverer player who links up the play much better.

More suited to the types of games we play. 

I'm actually surprised the amount of people who are taking miovski over Shankland if I'm honest.

Thought the league was over with since the last few Beale matches but also thought they would manage to squeeze more wins like the usually do. 

Obviously on paper it looks more than manageable now but confidence in the majority of this squad to get results when the tough get going is at an all time low. We all know the story too well with too many of them. There's a chance they could surprise us all and actually win the fights needing fought and that would be superb but history has always told us those chances are slim.

12 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

I like Miovski but he’s more of a clinical finisher, I think Shankland is a far cleverer player who links up the play much better.

More suited to the types of games we play. 

Always need to be taken into consideration for our club but for some support it never is. The pacey, counter attack striker in the Premiership can do that job at any club bar ours.