Danilo Injury

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Close Auchenhowie and train in the grounds of Ross Hall instead.

Our striking options are currently:

1. Danilo - Injured

2. Dessers - Shite

3. Roofe - Permanently injured

4. Sima - Winger who is not actually/even a Rangers player.

Most clubs would look at bringing one of their youngsters in. We did that with Lovelace and he’s injured too.

We don’t even have Joe Aribo to play out of position as a striker.

You really could not make this shite up.

Lammers

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

We won't be getting rid of dessers now

I don’t see why not.

Dessers doesn’t provide value for money, the manager doesn’t seem to rate him that highly and we need to try being the wage bill down will also improving the squad. If the opportunity to move him on comes up, even if it’s just on loan, I still think we will jump on it, regardless of Danilo’s injury.

42 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I was pro us selling Sakala for a profit, a good bit of business. What I would not have been pro us doing was then replacing him with someone of similar ability and end product, but less robust and for far more money.... 

Danilo is miles above Sakala in terms of ability.

25 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Danilo is miles above Sakala in terms of ability.

Sakala was faster and had a way of finding the net. In terms of actual contribution per game I don't see a huge difference. At least with Sakala you'd get a good run, danilo goes missing when the balls not near him. 

10 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

You can’t call someone another waste of money when they are injured like this. It makes no sense in the context. I get that you are annoyed but he cannot be categorized with the likes of Lammers and Dessers.

Dessers - 24 matches 7 goals

Danilo - 21 matches 6 goals 

That's in no way a defence for Dessers btw as the guy isn't good enough for us but for the money we've spent on Danilo he's been another Beale failure 

He's just a more likeable player than Dessers/Lammers but return wise they're very similar.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Dessers - 24 matches 7 goals

Danilo - 21 matches 6 goals 

That's in no way a defence for Dessers btw as the guy isn't good enough for us but for the money we've spent on Danilo he's been another Beale failure 

He's just a more likeable player than Dessers/Lammers but return wise they're very similar.

I think it's important to factor in minutes as a lot of Danilo's early appearances were as a sub.

Dessers has a goal every 194 minutes, Danilo is every 165. Neither record is particularly great but Danilo's it quite a bit better and I'd argue he's shown more potential and has a better historical goalscoring record than Dessers. He's also 5 years younger so can improve. Dessers won't improve at 29.

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Another blow to the title aspirations.

We don't spend significant in Jan we won't win it with this squad. Simple 

Agreed, we need to try and move out someone for a fee and reinvest the rest of that wisely. 

Loans/loan to buys might be easier to do in January

6 hours ago, superallysbears said:

The amount of long term injuries to players over this last three or four years is probably the worst I've ever seen, we've always had them but it's got to be down to more than just bad luck, amount of time's it's happening is insane.

There is definitely something wrong with our medical and physio departments.

This many injuries and players breaking down after short time back isn't right. 

It also hasn't helped that we have been bringing in players with past injury records and somehow expecting them to stay fit.