Michael Stewart

IronMonger1872

Good to see the pressure being ramped up and his pathetic “commentary” being called out outwith Rangers. 

You can guarantee though that if he does get punted the narrative will be set from the usual mouthpieces that it is us that have caused it and have a problem with him…

The Sun

'WHAT'S THE SCRIPT?' 

Michael Stewart blasted for ‘anti-Rangers’ comments – by former ABERDEEN star

The former Hearts, Hibs and Manchester United player's comments have been branded 'embarrassing'

Stewart Fisher

A FORMER Aberdeen star has hit out at Michael Stewart's "anti Rangers" comments during the Viaplay Cup final.

There was frequent sparring between Stewart and Alan Hutton on Viaplay's coverage of Sunday's showpiece - and it left former Dons star Lee Mair cold.

Stewart's comments on the final didn't go down well with Rangers fansCredit: SNS

Michael Stewart and Alan Hutton frequently work together on Viaplay's coverageCredit: Kenny Ramsay

Taking to social media, former Dundee, St Mirren and Dons star Mair wrote: "What’s the script with M.Stewart and A.Hutton on the commentary?

"MS having a go at Rangers all game and AH sticking up for them.

"As an Aberdeen fan watching it was embarrassing to listen to, god only knows what the Rangers fans thought!

"Surely should be neutral commentators?

"Arguing like little school kids on tv for a National cup final.

"Embarrassing to listen to."

A St Mirren fan then responded in the comments, saying that "Hutton is pretty fair tbh and a decent pundit?"

Mair replied: "Yes Hutton is good.

"My point was that he had to defend Rangers every 2 mins due to MS being anti Rangers with all his comments."

Things came to a head - on the pitch, and in the commentary box - when substitute Duk was tackled by Gers goalkeeper Jack Butland as he tried to turn and force in a shot from close range.

A brawl ensured in the immediate aftermath as referee Don Robertson had to step in to calm things down.

Former Hearts and Hibs midfielder Michael Stewart, who was commentating on the match for Viaplay, reckoned the main talking point was the coming together between Butland and Duk and whether a a penalty should have been awarded.

He said: "Is Duk in front of Butland when he wins the ball initially? It doesn't seems as if (VAR) are looking at it."

Co-commentator Hutton said: "There was so much in that went on in that short period of time it was difficult."

Meanwhile Rangers have been hit with a £50million body-blow after Fifa chiefs ruled them OUT of the new expanded Club World Cup.

The Ibrox outfit had been harbouring hopes of sneaking into the 32-team event being held in the USA in 2025.

Senior Zurich sources suggested nations would be restricted to one place per country through Uefa co-efficient calculations.

Based on four seasons including this term, Rangers - despite standing 26th in the rankings - would have been locked in a battle with Belgians Bruges and Slavia Prague of the Czech Republic.'

9 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

I'd love to know why sports channels even want to have the opinion of an absolute no mark pundit who has won fuck all in his career. Listening to him preaching and commenting on where others have done badly in a game is like taking advice on babysitting from the McCanns.

Because he creates controversy 

2 hours ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Maybe I should have worded it better, thought he was the last player to score a winner at the Piggery before this win. 2009 CIS cup, penalty I think. 

I remember Hearts winning 2-0 at the piggery in the league cup....I'm sure it was Velicka that scored both goals.....that prompted us into signing him, I could be wrong mate as my memory is getting worse in old age:lol:

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

I remember Hearts winning 2-0 at the piggery in the league cup....I'm sure it was Velicka that scored both goals.....that prompted us into signing him, I could be wrong mate as my memory is getting worse in old age:lol:

I'm confused now 🤣 you ever get I wish I hadn't posted that 😭