*****The Official Rangers v Ross County thread - Match Off - *****

Bad Robot

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Who?  
Not many have played every minute of every game. Nobody looks “dead on their feet “

strongest 11 every time. Does wonders for momentum team spirit and cohesion. 

Sima looked weary yesterday, and has started week in week out for a good while now.

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Who?  
Not many have played every minute of every game. Nobody looks “dead on their feet “

strongest 11 every time. Does wonders for momentum team spirit and cohesion. 

Sima and McCausland

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A 22yr old and a 20yr old just drafted in to first team action are dead on their feet?

pish. 

They were yesterday aye. I'm not sure why you brought their age into it. Sima runs his bollocks off every game and McCausland has been thrown into the deep end at a much higher intensity than he is used to, it's normal for them to be feeling it at this time of the season.

18 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

They were yesterday aye. I'm not sure why you brought their age into it. Sima runs his bollocks off every game and McCausland has been thrown into the deep end at a much higher intensity than he is used to, it's normal for them to be feeling it at this time of the season.

They shouldn’t be knackered at their age. 
tisall

5 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

McCausland and Sima both looked dead on their feet yesterday

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz/Barisic if fit

Sterling Dowell

Wright Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

I’d start with Souttar and Balogun (assuming both are available) and give Goldson an extra couple of days. There’s also King as cover at CB.

Resting McCausland and Sima is also common sense imo.

The other positions pick themselves.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Not sure what age has to do with it, I agree Sima is being heavily relied upon but I’d rather take no chances with the result, Matondo in his recent cameos has looked like the Matondo of old I.e. terrible. Wouldn’t mind McAusland resting for Wright

It's a bit of a catch 22 regarding Matondo.

He needs a run of games i think to get his fitness / form back, but at the same token we can't afford to give players that time with the title race being as it is. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's a bit of a catch 22 regarding Matondo.

He needs a run of games i think to get his fitness / form back, but at the same token we can't afford to give players that time with the title race being as it is. 

He’s shite but it’s county at home so should be alright 

13 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

McCausland was awful near the end yesterday, he might have been trying but nothing was working 

Normal practice for blending youngsters is to give them a short first team spell, return to the Bs (or equivalent), re-evaluate and repeat.

This is a tad different as our squad is on it's arse and we are pretty scarce in the right winger dept. Matondo not showing any consistency with either fitness or playing ability.

All of this makes the sale of Sakala seem even more stupid by the day?

8 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Normal practice for blending youngsters is to give them a short first team spell, return to the Bs (or equivalent), re-evaluate and repeat.

This is a tad different as our squad is on it's arse and we are pretty scarce in the right winger dept. Matondo not showing any consistency with either fitness or playing ability.

All of this makes the sale of Sakala seem even more stupid by the day?

Aye but we know the idiot that was responsible for this