*****The Official Rangers v Ross County thread - Match Off - *****

Bad Robot

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Doubt has been cast over Rangers’ clash with Ross County tonight as the Staggies are currently travelling through torrid winter conditions this afternoon.

The Highland side have NOT stayed overnight in Glasgow, meaning they are en route to Ibrox on the day of their meeting with Philippe Clement's side. That will see them have to fight through "heavy snow" according to NW Trunk Roads – who work on behalf of Transport Scotland – with six gritters in situ up and down the wintery A9 roads right now.

Traffic is at a "standstill" too with the A9 closed at Drumochter. Resources are stretched to the limit as workers try to clear snow in a bid to get vehicles through. But with kick-off at 7:45pm tonight, there will be anxious glances at watches throughout the day as Derek Adams' men try to make the game with Rangers. NW say they "are advising to avoid the route as much as possible and delay travel". Currently, Google Maps has the journey time at 4hrs 45 minutes.

But that isn't accounting for additional delays – which are likely – and rush hour traffic which the bus is primed to hit. There are yellow wind, rain and snow warnings in certain areas of the country.

Ffs. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I used to cycle 6 miles to work, do my shift cycle home then  go to training that included a 5k run, then circuit training  then finish if with 45 minutes of 5 asides that’s was twice a week then the other two days after work I played 5’s at the pits then would play 11’s on the Saturday, total different level of intensity obviously but you’d expect a 20 year old professional athlete to be able to play 3 hours of football a week. 

In the snow, uphill both ways? :craphead:

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I used to cycle 6 miles to work, do my shift cycle home then  go to training that included a 5k run, then circuit training  then finish if with 45 minutes of 5 asides that’s was twice a week then the other two days after work I played 5’s at the pits then would play 11’s on the Saturday, total different level of intensity obviously but you’d expect a 20 year old professional athlete to be able to play 3 hours of football a week. 

They’re not full of amphetamine though mate 😂

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d genuinely award us the win if it’s called off because those mongos didn’t stay overnight in Glasgow before the game

Games of football shouldn’t be called off because one team decides not to turn up, it should be an automatic win to the other side 

You do realise we have had a late kick off this season due to us being stuck in traffic? 

19 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Daily Record reporting the game could be off due to county being stuck on a9 don’t know if it’s just sensationalism but there is jeopardy there.  

Why is a top flight professional football team driving down on the same day when it’s that distance?

Thats amateur stuff. Imagine being a player and the highest level in your country and having to sit on a bus for four and a half hours then play a top tier game.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Got no issue with them travelling the day of tbh, they're a tiny club who will be looking to make any saving they can

I have no issue with them awarding us the victory and not travelling at all. Save themselves the time and money