Ridvan Yilmaz

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Throw the utility man Sterling in, better bet than Borna

If he is fit.

Our injury record is infuriating.

Big ask, but maybe Phil will be able to sort it out in the next season or two.

How many cups/leagues have we staggered into with a huge injury list over the last few years and lost?

It's well beyond unlucky. It's indemic.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He looks distraught in those pictures. Based on that looks like a season ender. 

Internationals should be banned at this time in the season. Clubs are literally playing for trophies and millions of pounds but na a friendly is more important. 

When I took the images from the tv it was on pause, the third picture probably looks worse than it was, he was obviously not happy but managed to walk off and was not as distraught looking as the picture suggests. Totally agree with you re Internationals at this time of the season, an absolute joke. Clubs everywhere must be shitting it.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He looks distraught in those pictures. Based on that looks like a season ender. 

Internationals should be banned at this time in the season. Clubs are literally playing for trophies and millions of pounds but na a friendly is more important. 

It's a farce mate.

Some of players have been  partaking in 3 games every 10 days or less then playing international friendlies after it. Even worse when they are coming back from long term injuries.

County before Club? No fucking way!

They aren't robots ffs!

28 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If he is fit.

Our injury record is infuriating.

Big ask, but maybe Phil will be able to sort it out in the next season or two.

How many cups/leagues have we staggered into with a huge injury list over the last few years and lost?

It's well beyond unlucky. It's indemic.

Phil's already said the pre season fitness work wasn't of required standard. How right he was.

11 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Our record for fucking injury is astounding, seems like it goes on and on for years without even slightly subsiding.

Its been a joke - utterly pathetic in fact. It's not just luck tho IMO.

Saying that it's not just us in all honesty, teams like Newcastle have also been absolutely hammered this season.

4 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Was hoping the update had him scoring or providing an assist of the top quality, but no it's another bloody injury. Hope he has been taken off as a precaution and he will be back for us as soon as possible 👍

Any international manager worth his salt would sub a player at the slightest sign of injury in a friendly.

We will have to wait and see. Stating the obvious, but Ridvan being out would be a huge loss.

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Phil's already said the pre season fitness work wasn't of required standard. How right he was.

Aye.

When you read/watch interviews with key players they thought the same.

Players like Tav and Lundstrum looked fucked after 60 mins under the mole. Unfit and poorly managed.

Pretty obvious where the blame lies.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Aye.

When you read/watch interviews with key players they thought the same.

Players like Tav and Lundstrum looked fucked after 60 mins under the mole. Unfit and poorly managed.

Pretty obvious where the blame lies.

We still have a fair number of players who were brought in under the Gerrard regime, and for all his faults he had the players focused on fitness. I think Gio focused more on tactics and you could see the fitness falling away eventually. 

Beale, i haven't a clue what he focused on. 

25 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We still have a fair number of players who were brought in under the Gerrard regime, and for all his faults he had the players focused on fitness. I think Gio focused more on tactics and you could see the fitness falling away eventually. 

Beale, i haven't a clue what he focused on. 

Fair points.

I think Gerrard is a natural leader, but not a great manager. He inspired our players and that is what we needed at he time for 55.

Geo was a great cup manager, but poor in the league.

The mole was an egomaniac and our board believed his bullshit to our demise.

Gerrard and Geo won us silverware.

The mole was a coach at best. Fell apart as a manager. He will never win silverware.

Stabbed Gio in the back, made out he was the new Messiah, took his job and wasted millions and set us back years.

The lesson to be learned?

Don't employ  an inexperienced manager and fund his ego.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

My heart sank when I seen this topic was hot. It'll be a fucking miracle if we win this league.

Don't talk that way mate. You are better than that.

A few months ago my old mum was in intensive care with breathing difficulties. She was grey and hardly breathing. I  was an emotional wreck thinking we'd lose her.

My sister was diagnosed with cancer and my brother had his leg amputated.

All in the same month btw. Stressful as fuck for me. 1000 times worse for them. My mum struggling to breathe, my bro getting his leg sawed off and my sis with potentially months to live.

Felt helpless and cried myself to sleep most nights worrying about them.

They are all still with us now. That's a miracle!!!!

You know what though, they never gave in.

Look at the league table mate. We have a game in hand and have it all to play for.

Most people are skint and unhappy now. Appreciate our opportunities as a Club. Not many people have them in real life.

We can still win a treble!

No Surrender!

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Don't talk that way mate. You are better than that.

A few months ago my old mum was in intensive care with breathing difficulties. She was grey and hardly breathing. I  was an emotional wreck thinking we'd lose her.

My sister was diagnosed with cancer and my brother had his leg amputated.

All in the same month btw. Stressful as fuck for me. 1000 times worse for them. My mum struggling to breathe, my bro getting his leg sawed off and my sis with potentially months to live.

Felt helpless and cried myself to sleep most nights worrying about them.

They are all still with us now. That's a miracle!!!!

You know what though, they never gave in.

Look at the league table mate. We have a game in hand and have it all to play for.

Most people are skint and unhappy now. Appreciate our opportunities as a Club

We can still win a treble!

No Surrender!

I was only getting out frustration about how injury plagued we are. I wasn't expecting that.

That all sounds pretty grim and stressful man. I hope everyone is doing well now. I hope you are too.