Ridvan Yilmaz

I’d play Sterling left back instead of Borna. Hopefully Sima comes back and we can have Sima, McCausland, Silva and Matondo who can all play wide. 

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I’d play Sterling left back instead of Borna. Hopefully Sima comes back and we can have Sima, McCausland, Silva and Matondo who can all play wide. 

McCausland is still a doubt, he's missing the Scotland/ NI game next week due to the current injury.

24 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Yfeko is shite 

I thought he done ok was good at times prone to an error or two like most players, don’t think we’ve seen enough of him to say he’s shite tbh. Only 20 years old. Not good enough to be a regular starter in our team at this stage though.  

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I thought he done ok was good at times prone to an error or two like most players, don’t think we’ve seen enough of him to say he’s shite tbh. Only 20 years old. Not good enough to be a regular starter in our team at this stage though.  

He had about 45 min where he looked decent in pre season, rest he’s looked absolute pish.

Miles off it 

Not sure it’s luck. We’ve played a massive number of games in a short period.

That comes with an increased chance of injuries.

Was always the drawback of the extra European games with a small squad and playing an aggressive press.

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not sure it’s luck. We’ve played a massive number of games in a short period.

That comes with an increased chance of injuries.

Was always the drawback of the extra European games with a small squad and playing an aggressive press.

I think it's at least partially due to the mole not training the squad hard enough in preseason.

The players need a good fitness foundation.

That clearly wasn't the case under him.

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think it's at least partially due to the mole not training the squad hard enough in preseason.

Yeh we 100% didn’t look fit at the start of the season. Would have thought by now they’d be match fit.

But playing a game every 3 days since January comes with a huge increase in muscle related injuries. 

24 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh we 100% didn’t look fit at the start of the season. Would have thought by now they’d be match fit.

But playing a game every 3 days since January comes with a huge increase in muscle related injuries. 

Aye.

The more games you play the higher the injury propensity.

I love our Euro runs, but the extra games, travelling, etc. certainly drains the squad.

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Surely any benefit of a good pre season is long gone and now has no bearing at this time of the season?

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Surely any benefit of a good pre season is long gone and now has no bearing at this time of the season?

Seville season we were probably the fittest team in Europe, extra time, penalties etc and still coming back and winning against them and Hearts both in extra time, looking stronger. That is where pre-season sets the tone. Gio and Beale didn’t do preseason very well. Pre-season is absolutely crucial to the fitness of players even this deep into it.