New Singing Section in Copland Stand

Wouldn't be surprised if there would've been a police issue if the move was just to the centre of the broomloan instead of the copland. They wouldn't want them that close to the away support, especially when the unwashed get the euro allocation.

Good move by Bisgrove though. Brings the layout of the stadium and singing section into the 21st century.

1 minute ago, Unionblue said:

Singing section shouldn't be required, the whole fucking stadium should be bouncing every game and belting out the tunes, however, we are where we are, so its a good move,  its time Ibrox was a cauldron of noise again, not just for Euro nights etc.

Sadly that's modern football for you mate. 

47 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Prelude to us giving back the full Broomloan to the Shettlestons imo.

Our fans aren't prepared to give up a full stand anymore.

It doesn't happen anywhere else in football. 

Barca/Madrid don't get 8k.

Man City/Utd don't get 8k.

Liverpool/Everton don't get 8k.

It does pave the way for a European Allocation though, as there'd be no ultras etc sitting next to visiting supporters, and less safety concerns for that lot to cling on to.

29 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

It does pave the way for a European Allocation though, as there'd be no ultras etc sitting next to visiting supporters, and less safety concerns for that lot to cling on to.

Happens in Belgrade. You could have an 8k allocation for Barca/Real and it wouldn’t even get close to selling out

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Happens in Belgrade. You could have an 8k allocation for Barca/Real and it wouldn’t even get close to selling out

Does depend on the country too I suppose, away days aren't really a done thing in Spain.

But in terms of other rivalries and derbies around the world, 8k to the visitors isn't really seen much as I've said.

Following similar countries around us, a European Allocation of about 3,500 is decent/normal for that size of game.

Plenty of teams came to Ibrox with those numbers and have generated noise etc.

I honestly don't see a way back to them getting a full stand, displaces too many Rangers supporters.

34 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

That's the major argument for it. 

That it makes the game distinctive.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That's the major argument for it. 

That it makes the game distinctive.

Not the norm anymore. 

We used to get literally half of each others stadiums, even going to Hampden, split right down the middle of the halfway line.

That all changed, just like now there's no appetite to give up a full stand and displace our supporters anymore.

Just now, RFC55 said:

Id rather keep it with 800 or at most euro allocations. 

they deny the fucking thing exists so why would we give them 8k seats? It’s one club who want that, there are 7k or so season ticket holders in Broomy now so they can get the euro allocation 800 or fuck all.

I'm not saying we should. I'm just saying that it's the major argument for it rather than another argument against it.

4 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Not the norm anymore. 

We used to get literally half of each others stadiums, even going to Hampden, split right down the middle of the halfway line.

That all changed, just like now there's no appetite to give up a full stand and displace our supporters anymore.

Yeah, we all know all of that. I'm not making an argument for it returning. I'm just pointing out that it being the only, or one of the only, major games that gives a big split was part of its distinctiveness and its appeal, not a negative.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, we all know all of that. I'm not making an argument for it returning. I'm just pointing out that it being the only, or one of the only, major games that gives a big split was part of its distinctiveness and its appeal, not a negative.

I think the genuine hatred gave it its appeal to be honest. Having no supporters at the game waters that down.

The old firm was never about the quality of football for example, it's about beating those cunts and absolutely humiliating them, they probably feel the same.

I don't think anyone from elsewhere ever tuned in thinking the football was on par with Barca-Madrid etc, but like River & Boca, you were getting two sides that absolutely hated each other, loaded tackles, red cards etc.

European Allocation for both sides would restore it imo. At least partly.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

I think the genuine hatred gave it its appeal to be honest. Having no supporters at the game waters that down.

The old firm was never about the quality of football for example, it's about beating those cunts and absolutely humiliating them, they probably feel the same.

I don't think anyone from elsewhere ever tuned in thinking the football was on par with Barca-Madrid etc, but like River & Boca, you were getting two sides that absolutely hated each other, loaded tackles, red cards etc.

European Allocation for both sides would restore it imo. At least partly.

The genuine hatred expressed by a lot of people towards one another. Lots of derbies have genuine hatred, few have two large sets of fans going at it. The only one with the combative atmosphere between two sets of fans was ours. That's not the case any more. It's now far more like other hateful derbies, in an atmosphere sense.

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Id rather keep it with 800 or at most euro allocations. 

they deny the fucking thing exists so why would we give them 8k seats? It’s one club who want that, there are 7k or so season ticket holders in Broomy now so they can get the euro allocation 800 or fuck all.

This, all day long.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The genuine hatred expressed by a lot of people towards one another. Lots of derbies have genuine hatred, few have two large sets of fans going at it. The only one with the combative atmosphere between two sets of fans was ours. That's not the case any more. It's now far more like other hateful derbies, in an atmosphere sense.

You don't need large numbers for it to be combative though, it still would be with the European Allocation for example.

The SuperClasico is mental and they don't get as big allocations for away supporters.